By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Making KH 1.5 and 2.5 HD as exclusives makes no sense

ktay95 said:

PERSONA 5 IS OURS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on with your arguement =P

Will it be the first Persona to reach one million mark? Because no other Persona has done it, unless you want to count Persona 4 + Persona 4 Vita :P

So yeah, Persona don't do great on PS consoles!!

That's my argument.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Dadrik said:
Square Enix aren't doing well at all. So why would they spent money on ports on platforms that don't work well with JRPGs ?
Just think about it.
Especially if Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD has become a million seller on PS3. It's a pretty big number for a remake.

They'd get a lot more with a Wii U and 360 version.

So, you're predicting a Wii U and 360 version (combined) would outsell the PS3 remake by a lot?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wright said:
ktay95 said:

PERSONA 5 IS OURS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on with your arguement =P

Will it be the first Persona to reach one million mark? Because no other Persona has done it, unless you want to count Persona 4 + Persona 4 Vita :P

So yeah, Persona don't do great on PS consoles!!

That's my argument.

Sells better on PS than any other consoles =P In fact 100% of the series sales come on Playstation platforms, how is that not great?? =P

BMaker11 said:
iceland said:
It should be on 360 PERIOD, there's a lot of KH fans on Xbox and KH3 is coming to Xbox One, it makes perfect sense to port it.

You sure about that? KH is called "Final Fantasy + Disney", and is a multimillion selling series. On the big fanbase the 360 has, it only managed to sell just 2.9 million of all the FFXIII games (2 of which went to FFXIII). That's less than half of the original KH....across 3 games! FFXIII series on PS3, however, sold 8.5M, and had a lower install base while reaching that number. Are you really telling me that the fans are on Xbox?

You're putting words in my mouth. Never said it was more or on par with Playstation, definitely enough to warrant a port and the third game is coming to Xbox One, it'll make a lot of sense.

Nintendo fans are very smart. They always tag themselves under xbox 360. PS3 is the perfect system for it.

Around the Network

Yeah, to fix this, square should cancel the X1 version of KH3. Or all those KH fans could just get a PS3.

Thanks jlmurph!

Damn I was hoping I wasn't going to have to go down this road. If we keep using this logic there’s a bigger fanbase on x system for x genre the industry would end up like this:

Sega: so it looks like platformers sell the most on Nintendo systems therefore there's no reason to ever release another sonic game on a non-Nintendo system.

Activision: so it looks like Shooters sell the most on Microsoft systems therefore there’s no reason to ever release another call of duty on a non-Microsoft system.

Square Enix: so it looks like JRPG's sell the most on Sony systems therefore there’s no reason to ever release another Final Fantasy on a non-Sony system.

So if this where to happen we would then end up with genre exclusive Platfroms as far as 3'rd parties are concerned which would then mean if one of the manufactures left the industry we would by in large loose an entire gaming genre since the fan bases of the other systems would never have played the 3rd party franchises in that genre.

outlawauron said:
Zero999 said:

They'd get a lot more with a Wii U and 360 version.

So, you're predicting a Wii U and 360 version (combined) would outsell the PS3 remake by a lot?

Maybe, but I was saying saying that those versions would ADD (with ps3) to a lot more than just a ps3 version.

The same happens with mass effect on Wii U. ME3 on Wii U had poor sales because people won't buy third one without having played the other two... Hope that happens the same with kingdom hearts and they learn something

CleggaZ said:

Damn I was hoping I wasn't going to have to go down this road. If we keep using this logic there’s a bigger fanbase on x system for x genre the industry would end up like this:

Sega: so it looks like platformers sell the most on Nintendo systems therefore theirs no reason to ever release another sonic game on a non-Nintendo system.

Activision: so it looks like Shooters sell the most on Microsoft systems therefore there’s know reason to ever release another call of duty on a non-Microsoft system.

Square Enix: so it looks like JRPG's sell the most on Sony systems therefore there’s know reason to ever release another Final Fantasy on a non-Sony system.

So if this where to happen we would then end up with genre exclusive Platfroms as far as 3'rd parties are concerned which would then mean if one of the manufactures left the industry we would by in large loose an entire gaming genre since the fan bases of the other systems would never had played the 3rd party franchises in that genre.

Correct. everyone knows that but some people keep using these falacies.