By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create , Famitsu & Dengeki

Zero999 said:
vivster said:
Worried about the PS4. At this rate it will take some time for it to catch the WiiU.

X1 yet again amazing. Literally off the charts.

At this rate, it won't catch the wii u.

So selling 3x the amount of wii u means it wont catch up... collor me surprised

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
Zero999 said:
vivster said:
Worried about the PS4. At this rate it will take some time for it to catch the WiiU.

X1 yet again amazing. Literally off the charts.

At this rate, it won't catch the wii u.

No way is ps4 selling 10m in 2013.

naruball said:

Wut. The PS4 is selling 3x more than the Wii U every week. That's all his posts is stating.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

wow that's close at the top lol

Zero999 said:
Rafux said:
Zero999 said:

Sure, the ps4 is getting mario kart 8, smash bros, bayonetta 2, hyrule warriors, zelda, smt vs fe, yoshi, X... oh wait

what is guilty gear? and many of the games you listed, wich are much smaller than nintendo's, still have a lot of time to get a wii u confirmation.

Donkey flopped, Mario 3D underwhelmed, Pikmin bombed, wonderfull 101 super bombed, all those games were also going to give the U a big boost and turn things around. Also you know what almost all those games you mentioned have in common? they are first party I'm sure Sony also has some first party title coming add that to the great third party support.

Smash and MK will move hardware but a hell lot less than what they did with original Wii.

mario didn't underwhelmed, pikmin didn't bomb. and regarding pikmin and w101, don't make up stuff, they weren't supposed to put wii u at astronomic levels.

Pikmin 3 has the lowest sales of the franchise and you were singing a different song about Wonderful and Pikmin before their release. 

Bayonneta 2? hahaha sorry dude a sequel of game that was only released on PS360.

Around the Network

Wow, Famitsu is favoring both Vita and MGS this week. There are quite large differences in the MGS numbers, for sure. Does one or the other usually over track or under track certain companies/consoles?

Anyhow, Media Create is showing 3DS at 40k with VGC showing it at sub-40k. It would be nice to get nearly exact numbers considering how close Vita and 3DS are this week, but that's probably hoping for too much.

Anyhow, have fun with your crappy Mario Party game, Japan! I have no clue why they vacuumed it up so well.

outlawauron said:
naruball said:

Wut. The PS4 is selling 3x more than the Wii U every week. That's all his posts is stating.

My bad. I just failed at trying to be funny. Oh well.

pezus said:

Vita continues to rise. Next week 40k+?

Smaller boost than expected for PS4 but it's something

Is there something releasing for Vita next week?

I should really catch up on these release dates... yeesh...

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Vita continues to rise. Next week 40k+?

Smaller boost than expected for PS4 but it's something

Is there something releasing for Vita next week?

I should really catch up on these release dates... yeesh...

Are we really arguing over what is probably statistical noise and small discrepancies between trackers in the hardware?  Vita and 3DS both sold the same this week, for all intends and purposes.  And good for them both.

For anyone wondering about hardware increases across the board - apparently there's some tax hike or somesuch in Japan coming in the next few weeks from 5% to 8%, so it's to be expected for all hardware; especially the newer stuff which is still expensive.  Including WiiU.

As for software, mostly great successes all around.  Biggest surprise of the week for me is J-Stars.  Was not expecting that at all based on pre-orders and general hype.  200k and the second best selling game of the week is impressive.

Metal Gear Solid did extremely well for what it is; Mario Party did very well too.  Hyperdimension Neptunia is a bit down on the last game, but nothing too bad.

Samurai Warriors 4 noticably down on the previous entry though, which isn't great, although Vita held a surprisingly strong percentage of sales for this musou title.  However, disappointment of the week is Pro Baseball Spirits.  PS3 & PSP versions are wayyyyyyy down; and Vita version is only mildly up.  They needed to get it out on PS4 this year, was a real error missing that.

Phantasy Star & Hero Bank don't seem great either, but the latter has a chance of legs through the anime and the former is just a paid package of a F2P game, so unsurprising really.

I expect 3DS to be ahead of Vita next week.  Miku < 4 hardware bundles.  Even if 3 of those bundles are tied to New Love+ which looks like it's going to massively underperform, they're still LE consoles and people will want to collect them, and that'll give 3DS a boost.