By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create , Famitsu & Dengeki

naruball said:
Am I the only vita owner who finds the vita numbers very disappointing? Same with ps4. I simply don't understand how they can sell so many new games (which are not sequels of games already released on the same system) and get such terrible boosts. Sure, sales could have fallen had it not been for the new games, but still. I was hoping for at least 50k for each system.

Mostly happy with j-star vita numbers. 90k seems like a success to me. Also, good to see the "glorified demo" doing so well.

But look at what released and consider whether fans of those types of games are already on the system.

Phantasy Star Online 2 -> Sequel

Hyperdimension Neptunia -> Sequel

Pro Baseball Spirits -> Sequel

Samurai Warriors -> Fans already on the system thanks to earlier Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi games.  Also multi-plat with PS3.

J-Stars -> Fans already on the system thanks to earlier One Piece/Dragon Ball games.  Also multi-plat with PS3.

For those reasons, I really don't think you could've expected much hardware boost from such a lineup.

Around the Network
ImmortalHelixFossil said:

I always assumed Media Create is more trust worthy. Can't explain why:/

Media Create only track sales; Famitsu is also a magazine.

I trust M.Create a lot more, too.

Kresnik said:
naruball said:
Am I the only vita owner who finds the vita numbers very disappointing? Same with ps4. I simply don't understand how they can sell so many new games (which are not sequels of games already released on the same system) and get such terrible boosts. Sure, sales could have fallen had it not been for the new games, but still. I was hoping for at least 50k for each system.

Mostly happy with j-star vita numbers. 90k seems like a success to me. Also, good to see the "glorified demo" doing so well.

But look at what released and consider whether fans of those types of games are already on the system.

Phantasy Star Online 2 -> Sequel

Hyperdimension Neptunia -> Sequel

Pro Baseball Spirits -> Sequel

Samurai Warriors -> Fans already on the system thanks to earlier Dynasty Warriors/Warriors Orochi games.  Also multi-plat with PS3.

J-Stars -> Fans already on the system thanks to earlier One Piece/Dragon Ball games.  Also multi-plat with PS3.

For those reasons, I really don't think you could've expected much hardware boost from such a lineup.

Good points, but still , with such a great number of titles released, one would expect sales to go much higher if they were so high (for vita standards) the week before with very few and less important releases. 

I have to disagree with the bolded. I could not care less about One piece (never seen the anime, so no connection with the characters) and the dbz are no longer system sellers. There have been so many released recently that people have lost interest in dbz and the franchise in general. I'm sure there are plenty of Bleach, Naruto etc fans who don't like either show. I would buy a vita (if I didn't already have one) for J-stars being the first naruto game released on psvita. I expect quite a few to feel the same. Then again, maybe I am wrong, since these numbers don't support my theory. 

naruball said:
outlawauron said:
naruball said:
Max King of the Wild said:

So selling 3x the amount of wii u means it wont catch up... collor me surprised

No way is ps4 selling 10m in 2013.

Wut. The PS4 is selling 3x more than the Wii U every week. That's all his posts is stating.

My bad. I just failed at trying to be funny. Oh well.

I'm sorry.

I feel like Buzz Killington today.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kresnik said:

Media Create only track sales; Famitsu is also a magazine.

I trust M.Create a lot more, too.

To be fair the it is not Famitsu that track the sales... it is the Enterbrain... Famistu is just a magazine like you said.

Everything is under the Kadokawa Corporation.

Around the Network
naruball said:

Good points, but still , with such a great number of titles released, one would expect sales to go much higher if they were so high (for vita standards) the week before with very few and less important releases. 

I have to disagree with the bolded. I could not care less about One piece (never seen the anime, so no connection with the characters) and the dbz are no longer system sellers. There have been so many released recently that people have lost interest in dbz and the franchise in general. I'm sure there are plenty of Bleach, Naruto etc fans who don't like either show. I would buy a vita (if I didn't already have one) for J-stars being the first naruto game released on psvita. I expect quite a few to feel the same. Then again, maybe I am wrong, since these numbers don't support my theory. 

One Piece is more popular than all of those other IPs in Japan though. A One Piece themed Dynasty Warriors nearly did a million on Ps3.

naruball said:

It's not really a Naruto game though, is it?  It's like saying that if you're a Jak & Daxter fan you'd buy a Vita to play PlayStation All-Stars.  I mean yes, if you were dedicated you would do, but you'd be in a really small minority if you did.

The suggestions of One Piece & Dragon Ball weren't that I was saying specifically fans of those two series were on the system (although that would be true too), but more that it gets that type of Shonen fan onto the system already.

pezus said:

Hatsune Miku, no?

Hm, seems it is. Welp, guess the 3DS will be beat next week. Hatsune Miku is a soul crushing beast in Japan. If anything gets in her way, expect to be demolished.

NintendoPie said:
pezus said:

Hatsune Miku, no?

Hm, seems it is. Welp, guess the 3DS will be beat next week. Hatsune Miku is a soul crushing beast in Japan. If anything gets in her way, expect to be demolished.

As mentioned earlier, the 3DS is getting a bunch of limited edition hardware, so it will be close.

trestres said:
MK8 preorders opened last week, could be part of the reason for the Wii U bump.

DKC Tropical Freeze sub 5k already. Nintendo, wake up. Buy Western studios, Japan doesn't buy your home console games anymore.

Wow. A 2.5k boost thanks to that? Wii U sales in Japan would go up by 10000% the week Mario Kart 8 comes out in that case!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---