By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales - Media Create , Famitsu & Dengeki

This was a super good week for software. Just about everything sold well.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Am I reading that right? Famitsu have Vita as the best selling format for the week? o_O

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

The ps4 is tracking a lot lower than wii u and the gap will get much bigger through the year. Ps4 simply doesnt have any perspective to gain ground against all the games coming to wii u.

Now, want to make things interesting and bet? I win if ps4 doesnt surpass wii u ltd in japan in 2015. you win if ps4 pass wii u ltd in japan in 2015.

The WiiU launched during the holidays, and I highly doubt the PS4 will fall under 5k weekly like the WiiU did. The WiiU doesn't exactly have a stellar lineup, no real system sellers other than MK8 and Smash Bros.

That's a long bet. But sure I'll take it. 

Those two are the biggest but it sure has a lot of other big titles coming and they all stack with the ones already released.

Sure Wii U is getting great support like Kingdom Hearts 3, FF15, MGS: The Phantom Pain, The Evil Within, Guilty Gear Xrd oh wait...

I'm also pretty sure Wii U won't be getting Resident Evil 7 and next Devil May Cry.

DonkeyFlop below 5k.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Rafux said:
Zero999 said:
Fusioncode said:
Zero999 said:

The ps4 is tracking a lot lower than wii u and the gap will get much bigger through the year. Ps4 simply doesnt have any perspective to gain ground against all the games coming to wii u.

Now, want to make things interesting and bet? I win if ps4 doesnt surpass wii u ltd in japan in 2015. you win if ps4 pass wii u ltd in japan in 2015.

The WiiU launched during the holidays, and I highly doubt the PS4 will fall under 5k weekly like the WiiU did. The WiiU doesn't exactly have a stellar lineup, no real system sellers other than MK8 and Smash Bros.

That's a long bet. But sure I'll take it. 

Those two are the biggest but it sure has a lot of other big titles coming and they all stack with the ones already released.

Sure Wii U is getting great support like Kingdom Hearts 3, FF15, MGS: The Phantom Pain, The Evil Within, Guilty Gear Xrd oh wait...

I'm also pretty sure Wii U won't be getting Resident Evil 7 and next Devil May Cry.

The Evil Whitin will be lucky if cross 200k ltd in Japan.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Rafux said:

The Evil Whitin will be lucky if cross 200k ltd in Japan.

And? 200k is very good and that's how the PS3 stayed strong. A lot of mid-tier games that sell well enough to continously grow the userbase.

I hope Hero Bank pulls a Youkai Watch with its anime upcoming. It looks pretty good

Graph of Youkai Watch for reference

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

AstroGamer said:

I hope Hero Bank pulls a Youkai Watch with its anime upcoming. It looks pretty good

Graph of Youkai Watch for reference

It's crazy how popular the anime was. I mean, I knew it was liked, but it competes for the major shounen shows and beats them for TV ratings.

Good hold for PS4 this week. These charts are going to be fun when FFXV and KH3 release when they're basically an exclusive in Japan with no Wii U versions. Also if PS4 is successful in Japan it stands a good chance at getting the next DQ game on it as well. In the long run, PS4 will pass Wii U in Japan. :)

Had a feeling Vita and 3DS hardware numbers were going to be close enough this week that the two trackers would have one over the other and visa versa. If you take the average between the two the 3DS sold 37,552 and Vita sold 37,516. Thats damn close and pretty much a virtual tie.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)