By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Mod Applications (No New Applications Will Be Received)

iceland said:
Do mods get paid? I'm guessing not.

payment?

Around the Network
Barozi said:
iceland said:
Do mods get paid? I'm guessing not.

payment?

*Laughing shaking head gif here*

What....

The souls and tears of those you ban isn't enough?

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

axumblade said:
KylieDog said:
Why are our owned consoles and console preference relevant?

Most of it is about personal knowledge. Out of our mod team, none of us have Xbox Ones or PS4's. Having users who are knowledgeable about a system based on personal experience is more likely to be able to determine at a quicker pace whether a statement is just being made to troll or whether the user genuinely knows what they are talking about. Though it is sometimes as plain as "The Xbox One Is stupid!" there are some users who are more stealthy with their posts than others. 

Also, to a degree, spurge is right but at the same time it doesn't really have anything to do with why I asked about console preference/owned. When the community feels as though their mods are specifically leaning towards one company (i.e.- Nintendo) some users often jump the gun and think we're making all of our decisions based on Nintendo. Interestingly enough, I can speak for every mod on here that we've been called bias towards and against every system. 

I've often felt there is a strong pro-Sega bias amongst the mods.

Do any mods own WiiU's?  The flak that console cops on these forums is insane. I think that and I don't even own one!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
axumblade said:
KylieDog said:

Interestingly enough, I can speak for every mod on here that we've been called bias towards and against every system. 

Do any mods own WiiU's?  The flak that console cops on these forums is insane. I think that and I don't even own one!

I'm pretty sure Smeags and Mr Khan have Wii U's.

Something to fill in tonight.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:

The mods only hire Ouya fanboys. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
KylieDog said:

The mods only hire Ouya fanboys. 

So there will never be new mods?

BRILLANT!

You could have just asked me!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

gooch_destroyer said:
gergroy said:
gooch_destroyer said:

Gaming Consoles: PS3, PS4, PS Vita, N64

Console Preference: Playstation 3/4

How much time do you generally spend on VGChartz throughout a week? A lot sometimes I lurk, sometimes I post.

Do you have any relevant experience that would help you out on the mod team? If so, tell us about it. Debates that get out of hand. (havin' trouble )

Why are you interested in becoming a mod? Too help VGChartz become the best place to discuss about gaming and sales

Which moderator, past or present, do you feel represents your moderation style? (saying Axumblade does not automatically get you points :P) Smegas and Kresnik

How would you describe the way you feel about the current moderation system? In what ways do you think it can be improved? I think it's fine. maybe keep an eye out for repeat offenders. (like the red shirts here)

In what ways do you feel you could contribute to the team discussion in mod chat?  Make suggestions on how to improve the morale here with smeags and Kresnik.( and Axum)

...you are supposed to email that to him...

holycrap.

Did you make the same face as Rise when you found that out?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I gave it a try