By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 hardware sales jump 106% on InFamous: Second Son launch

we need that kaz "are you not entertained" .gif

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
We seem to be getting slightly conflicting numbers, so i'd take all this with a pinch of salt for the moment. Would be pretty surprising if true though. You would have thought the X1 + £30 price cut + a free game would be more effective than the launch of infamous in the UK.

Combined with a Metal Gear Solid bump and actually being in stock bump. its not hard to see. 

Seems this week is going to be around 250-300k for PS4 and around 100k for Xbox One worldwide. There it goes the Titanfall effect...........

Everyone who is insisting in the contrary needs to admit no exclusive game for another system is going to avoid PS4 to beat the other rivals by a huge margin beating all kind of records during this year. I expect that after Titanfall lauch, PS4 is going to dominate easily in USA too.

PS4 have the hype (like Wii had last gen) and the content (like Xbox 360 had during the first years) on his side, and nothing is going to change that.

So they had a 76% increase last week, and a 106% increase this week. Damn.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Awesome.

Around the Network
Xenostar said:
Zekkyou said:
We seem to be getting slightly conflicting numbers, so i'd take all this with a pinch of salt for the moment. Would be pretty surprising if true though. You would have thought the X1 + £30 price cut + a free game would be more effective than the launch of infamous in the UK.

Combined with a Metal Gear Solid bump and actually being in stock bump. its not hard to see. 

That seems a viable explanation if it's all true. The UK was pretty supply constrained until the big shipment last week yeah?

So over 20k week in UK alone it seems, right? Should be a very good week WW.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Zekkyou said:
Xenostar said:
Zekkyou said:

That seems a viable explanation if it's all true. The UK was pretty supply constrained until the big shipment last week yeah?

Yup and its almost back to being supply constrained again, with alot of stores taking preorders for April shipments now. 

Standby for Delsin Fall.

Drop a Delsin on it.

About as simple as it can be.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/titanfall-vs-infamous-two-next-gen-exclusives-compared/0130069

"MCV can also reveal that around one in four UK Xbox One owners purchased Titanfall. Meanwhile, around one in nine PS4 owners acquired InFamous: Second Son."

Using VGC figures, this would put sales at...

Titanfall - ~120,000

InFamous - ~80,000

Someone correct me if Im wrong. Numbers rounded obviously.