By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 hardware sales jump 106% on InFamous: Second Son launch

kowenicki said:
colafitte said:

Seems this week is going to be around 250-300k for PS4 and around 100k for Xbox One worldwide. There it goes the Titanfall effect...........

Everyone who is insisting in the contrary needs to admit no exclusive game for another system is going to avoid PS4 to beat the other rivals by a huge margin beating all kind of records during this year. I expect that after Titanfall lauch, PS4 is going to dominate easily in USA too.

PS4 have the hype (like Wii had last gen) and the content (like Xbox 360 had during the first years) on his side, and nothing is going to change that.

Can you point me to anyone that said the bolded?

Also define "dominate easily" as far as US is concerend.

Really bored of hyperbole with zero substance or detail to accompany it.

kowenicki said:
kitler53 said:
155,106 vs. 74,441 is a 108% increase week over week.

am i wrong to be not all that impressed? i mean, for the GotG and for being this early in the generation where an exclusive game can have the highest amount of impact.

yes

and didnt you hear... it isnt exclusive whioch is why it wont move any consoles at all... I mean, "why would anyone buy a one for this... they can play it on their 360"

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Is that different than this? Or was this wrong?
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=180663&page=1#

I'm wondering as to why one of these isn't locked as well.

Hello, Mods, are you there?

Carl2291 said:
About as simple as it can be.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/titanfall-vs-infamous-two-next-gen-exclusives-compared/0130069

"MCV can also reveal that around one in four UK Xbox One owners purchased Titanfall. Meanwhile, around one in nine PS4 owners acquired InFamous: Second Son."

Using VGC figures, this would put sales at...

Titanfall - ~120,000

InFamous - ~80,000

Someone correct me if Im wrong. Numbers rounded obviously.

This seem right. 

kowenicki said:

dont se the connection....?

and didnt you hear... it isnt exclusive whioch is why it wont move any consoles at all... I mean, "why would anyone buy a one for this... they can play it on their 360"

You said you were tired of hyperbole with zero substance or any details to support it. Which is funny because just the other day you were acting like everybody was saying that Titanfall was going to fail because it was on 360. Of course when I asked you multiple times for evidence of that being said you completely ignored me. 

Hope it does well, and happy to see industry have great weeks like it has in March.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
colafitte said:

Seems this week is going to be around 250-300k for PS4 and around 100k for Xbox One worldwide. There it goes the Titanfall effect...........

Everyone who is insisting in the contrary needs to admit no exclusive game for another system is going to avoid PS4 to beat the other rivals by a huge margin beating all kind of records during this year. I expect that after Titanfall lauch, PS4 is going to dominate easily in USA too.

PS4 have the hype (like Wii had last gen) and the content (like Xbox 360 had during the first years) on his side, and nothing is going to change that.

Can you point me to anyone that said the bolded?

Also define "dominate easily" as far as US is concerend.

He..., it's curious you said that last line, because sometimes i feel the same by some of your "objective" and "not ambiguous at all" statements... (please don't ask me to remember exact quotes....).

You want me to be clear??, I'm not good at remeber names, but i remember quotes like "... the last nail in the coffin", and "Xbox One will win USA" or something similar. And when i'm saying "dominate easily" i'm referring to January NPD numbers, where PS4 doubled the sales of Xbox One.

I'm not hyperboling anything, and i only make predictions based on numbers and facts, and i'm usually right.

pezus said:

Also from a higher baseline. Most impressive. But PS4 sales are pretty much entirely dictated by Sony's shipments so this was expected with the inFAMOUS bundles coming in

Pretty much. Saying PS4 got x percent increase is basically saying how much Sony shipped new consoles in.

but it haz no gamez

/trollcomment

kowenicki said:
Fusioncode said:

kowenicki said:

dont se the connection....?

and didnt you hear... it isnt exclusive whioch is why it wont move any consoles at all... I mean, "why would anyone buy a one for this... they can play it on their 360"

You said you were tired of hyperbole with zero substance or any details to support it. Which is funny because just the other day you were acting like everybody was saying that Titanfall was going to fail because it was on 360. Of course when I asked you multiple times for evidence of that being said you completely ignored me. 

what am I your research assistant.  there are plenty of examples, plenty.  go look and get off my back.

dont reply, not remotely interested in anything you have to say.

Well it looks like you missed the point anyways. Have a nice day then! 

Next HW numbers are gonna be good, also Metal Gear could boost japan sales.