By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 hardware sales jump 106% on InFamous: Second Son launch

LiquorandGunFun said:
they both are doing well. deservingly so.

Apparantly, Titanfall dropped over 70% from the previous week in UK, so not that good

Around the Network

GG Sony and Sucker Punch

It seems the news/speculation in Insiderp is pretty correct, Sony hold stock for Titanfall week and inFamous's release !

Why is MVC the only ones talking about the 76% (wasn´t it 72%?) last week?

I don´t understand why the last week report the XOne bump was detailed but not a word for this supose PS4 bump, and them, this week no official word for hardware bumps.

Any way, this kind of bumps are expected to be true, as we know: Games and services sells consoles.

kowenicki said:
maverick40 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

Apparantly, Titanfall dropped over 70% from the previous week in UK, so not that good

totally normal.

all front ended games drop this much or more.  COD usually drops 80% for instance.

Do you think Microsoft will be ok with this drop? Seen as they had incredible console deals.

titanfall debut week was almost double that of infamous's debut week.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/titanfall-vs-infamous-two-next-gen-exclusives-compared/0130069

Around the Network

Oh, yes, I have my answer.

"MCV has also been told by a trusted retail source that Titanfall sold just under double the amount of units its first week than InFamous managed in its debut week"

They are not reporting the report (sic), but what one of its sources says it was in. They don´t have hard numbers or raw data.

maverick40 said:
LiquorandGunFun said:

A 70% drop is pretty standard. The first week is carried by the pre-launch hype, so it's only natural.

colafitte said:

Seems this week is going to be around 250-300k for PS4 and around 100k for Xbox One worldwide. There it goes the Titanfall effect...........

Everyone who is insisting in the contrary needs to admit no exclusive game for another system is going to avoid PS4 to beat the other rivals by a huge margin beating all kind of records during this year. I expect that after Titanfall lauch, PS4 is going to dominate easily in USA too.

PS4 have the hype (like Wii had last gen) and the content (like Xbox 360 had during the first years) on his side, and nothing is going to change that.

Yeah i remember all the people convinced that Titanfall would close the gap... If even the biggest release in the year for XB1 didnt help, nothing will help more this year ( i dont think a remake of Halo will do better)

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

EB1994 said:
Standby for Delsin Fall.

Drop a Delsin on it.

gutted!

Xenostar said:
Zekkyou said:

That seems a viable explanation if it's all true. The UK was pretty supply constrained until the big shipment last week yeah?

Yup and its almost back to being supply constrained again, with alot of stores taking preorders for April shipments now. 

Damn, that was quick. It's shows strong momentum from the PS4, but these supply issue aren't half annoying. They really fog up the full picture :/ Much like 720p. (Heh. Heh heh.)