By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo games would be so much better on another system or PC.

I will be very negative about Nintendo, but I think one of the reason they would not benefit from it is that there are too weak to compete. Even on a losing Wii U, they can bundle TV commercials for console and games, start development 1 year ahead of anyone, think about controller usage years ahead, have a predominent share and excellent visibility on their own console, diminish 3rd party revelance by unpowered hardware where their own games shine, have an "exclusivity" label, and sell to a public that owns only nintendo system for years and have no idea or interest for anything else. With some luck they can even get millions of casual with mostly no other gaming experience. They definitely get some kids whom parent decide (I would do the same, Nintendo guarantees your kids will not meet undesirable content). On any other system they would have to compete fiercely with many other companies and licenses, based on pure game value, and even their core user base would be at risk because they would be able to chose for the same price between a massive game like GTA 6 and yet-another mario tennis.

On a more positive note, they build the most affordable hardware and they can define the gameplay and specifications that fits their game the most, I think that's quite an advantage. In particular, by slowing the pace of system evolution they can focus more on games rather than technology (like building a totally new engine because the hardware is totally different and 10 times better).

Also, not only for Sega but can you see a company like Square ? They were at their greatest point when exclusive to the Super Nes and then the Playstation. Did going multi-platform added anything, they are not even selling more... Then, is the extremely multiplatform EA really doing that better ? Their only game that made people talk for years is their xbox one exclusive Titanfall.

Around the Network

If you want a Nintendo game, buy a Nintendo console, nothing more, nothing less

Miyamotoo said:
Nintendo games are best on Nintendo hardware, period.
Nintendo games on other hardware would never be a same.
If Nintendo would exit hardware market and release only games, that will be beginning of the end of Nintendo.

It's simple, if you want to play Nintendo games, buy Nintendo hardware.

Every console game look better on PC.

It's like this is a premade read-out from a robot...

I like Halo and Uncharted, but im not shelling out for hardware just to play those games. I think those games should be on Wii U (see what i did there) :P

maybetomorrow said:
If you want a Nintendo game, buy a Nintendo console, nothing more, nothing less

"Ok"  **Everyone continues to not buy a Nintendo Console**

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

No more worry about selling their consles or handhelds anymore. They could finally focus on bettering their games, putting everything they have into them. I just noticed that Bowser in the Wii version of Smash looks better than the Wii U version so far. 

Plus all these 2D games are only made to help them survive, get the casual gamer interested. If they just made games for other systems, they could end all that crap and just go back to making beyond great games that actually moved forward, instead of backwards.

I would be kind of sad to never own a Nintendo system again, but the constant 10/10 games again would make it worth it.

I underlined everything that's wrong.

Imagine Mario on the Ouya.................Perfection!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

A big problem is that Nintendo as a 3rd party would have to shrink considerably. All those years they made money with their hardware and that wasn't peanuts either. That would be gone. Also no more licensing fees plus the would have to live with less income due to licensing costs to Sony or Microsoft. That's why 3rd Party isn't an option for Nintendo and it won't happen until they are completely broke.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

For God sake just buy the damn console

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Pemalite said:
Majority of Nintendo games are on the PC anyway. :P Just through less than ideal means. (Legalities of which vary from region to region, thus by extension your mileage may vary.)
In Glorious 1440P-1600P-4k no-less!

I would love to see it happen, doubt it will.
I think if Nintendo were ever to exit the hardware business, they would probably become mobile developers for iOS/Android/Windows Phone as that's more where their targeted audience tends to reside.

So how come Nintendo emulators are so popular on PC, maybe there is were their target audience is.

Maybe they would sell well on Steam. 

The touchpad controls of iOS/Android are not very well suited for precise controle.