By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infamous: Second Son is amazing. A beautiful and infectiously fun stunner. 9.5 out of 10

Game feels like the first next gen game. Deslin is like a demi-god by the end of the game. Its easy on the default difficulty but super fun.

Around the Network

Glad to see that in this day and age of drawn out cutscenes, overblown narratives, and flame wars over graphical fidelity, some small part of the gaming community still remembers that video games are about having fun.

starcraft said:
binary solo said:
Yeah, I could spend ages just zipping around the rooftops just mucking around with my powers. Easier to do this with evil karma as it doesn't matter if you take out a few civilians in the process.

I lol'd hard when I read that given your sig

Who is the real me? My sig or my inFamous choices?

Just to be clear. I'm playing as good Cole Delsin. I always play the goody two-shoes, in inFamous, Mass Effect etc. I never choose evil alignment in DnD games, chaotic, yes, but evil no. I think I once played as lawful evil in BG2 but I felt bad about it the whole time and never actualy finished that play through.

It's my son what likes to play as evil Cole/Delsin.

Of course second play through of inFamous I do evil for the trophy. Yes I am corruptable for a virtual gold trophy, raher sad really.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

The game is stunning period!!, there are lot of haters outhere that are just jelous they can't play it on their console simple as that, and for people saying "oh but you are the same, you don't have Titanfa hur hur blahll!!", oh for the love the good please get down from your clouds hehe, Unique experiences, awesome storys, awesome characters, unique characters, compelling characters, awesome controls and finally stunning graphics that only probably a high end PC could match will always win over a mindless MP shoot and run game, just look what the Last of Us did, or Uncharted, or Journey. Don't get me wrong MP FPS are great fun but is not the reason why the game industry has prevail, is because the unique experiences the consoles created. and you can thank Sony and Nintendo for that, I really feel bad for Nintendo they totally forgot their way on creating unique / new content, they think everything goes around Mario and they are totally wrong. Nintendo in the past it was all about diversity Pilotwongs, F ZERO, wave race, starfox, International Superstar Soccer(I bet nobody remember this, best soccer game in my book even now), Blast Corps(awesome game), Conker bad fur day, not going to mention SNES/NES games there are hundreds if not thousands, but now Nintendo is all about Mario :/

petroleo said:
The game is stunning period!!, there are lot of haters outhere that are just jelous they can't play it on their console simple as that, and for people saying "oh but you are the same, you don't have Titanfa hur hur blahll!!", oh for the love the good please get down from your clouds hehe, Unique experiences, awesome storys, awesome characters, unique characters, compelling characters, awesome controls and finally stunning graphics that only probably a high end PC could match will always win over a mindless MP shoot and run game, just look what the Last of Us did, or Uncharted, or Journey. Don't get me wrong MP FPS are great fun but is not the reason why the game industry has prevail, is because the unique experiences the consoles created. and you can thank Sony and Nintendo for that, I really feel bad for Nintendo they totally forgot their way on creating unique / new content, they think everything goes around Mario and they are totally wrong. Nintendo in the past it was all about diversity Pilotwongs, F ZERO, wave race, starfox, International Superstar Soccer(I bet nobody remember this, best soccer game in my book even now), Blast Corps(awesome game), Conker bad fur day, not going to mention SNES/NES games there are hundreds if not thousands, but now Nintendo is all about Mario :/

In a thread purely abougt InFamous you manage to bad mouth both Nintendo and MS.

Great post mate. Keep them coming.

Around the Network

lol at the folks expecting infamous ss to be all graphics with poor gameplay. I've completed the good at 100%, at around >20% on evil now. and all i can say is, it's definitely the best game on ps4 right now (including multiplats). got my ps4 for it and its totally worth it. Gameplay is ace, choose to play how you want with your powers. "enjor your power" is definitely correct.
The third power is actually my favourite, although if you keep playing and upgrading only neon you might not find out lol

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

Proof of great graphics, great gameplay = Infamous SS. why settle for only gameplay, when you can have both. and the integration of the DS4 feature in the game is so immersive. People hate on graphics advancement like it must affect the quality of gameplay.

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

I got to see Second Son in action last night at a friend's house, and I'll start by saying that I'm really looking forward to playing it myself. I appreciate that you (OP) focused on how much fun the game is rather than how good the graphics or story are.

However, to me it looked somewhat light on content, and the variety of different powers didn't seem to add much depth to the combat. The different powers all looked functionally similar, with each offering its own take on bolts and rockets. The old "sniper" powers (zoom & slowdown for bolts) were exclusive to Neon. Grenades, shields, blasts were all apparently absent. InFamous 2 had four different special moves, while I only saw three in Second Son. In short, while inFamous 2 had one fully fleshed-out set of powers with two different flavors, Second Son has multiple power sets whose combined options are less fully developed.

The one obvious major improvement was in movement options, which were handled very well, and I like that they are now useful in battle as a sort of dodge.

My observations are supported by the comments of another friend who recently completed the game, who had this to say: "It wasn't terrible or anything, I just can't justify paying 60 bucks for it. 7 hours long, 4 enemy types throughout, only 2 real bosses. The power variety isn't really there, just different effects on the same powers. I could type a novel comparing this to inFamous 2."

Still gonna play it, I like me some inFamous.

It really is a stunning looking game, a wonderful little sandbox. The powers/gameplay are a lot of fun. I wish there were more boss battles. The characters aren't my favorite and the story isn't all that interesting. The experience does feel shallow when compared to its predecessors. Overall, a solid 8/10.

Game is okay. Nothing spectacular, but its fun for what it is. Im 76% complete, but overall had more fun with AC4.

The City is dull, lifeless and boring. The enemies are lacking variety. Delsin has no redeeming qualities. Graphically though, its the best Ive played on PS4 yet. Plenty of room to improve upon, can see why it would get a 7.