By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infamous: Second Son is amazing. A beautiful and infectiously fun stunner. 9.5 out of 10

Finally some positive opinions on a game! VGC has been so negative lately!

Around the Network
AZWification said:

Who should I trust?  This VGChartz user or Eurogamer? Hmmm. A very hard decision indeed.

You should trust neither, play the game yourself and come up with your own decision!

JPL78 said:

If there is anything the releases of Titanfall and Second Son have proven to me Is that people are going to believe what they want to believe. It doesn't matter if the game gets a lot of good reviews they'll point to the few bad ones to validate their bias against it.

But I thought 7/10 was a good score! ;(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Luck said:
COLD_COBRA_ said:
Far and away the best game so far in the 8th gen

You mean on PS4 ?

I mean on any system. Period.

JPL78

If there is anything the releases of Titanfall and Second Son have proven to me Is that people are going to believe what they want to believe. It doesn't matter if the game gets a lot of good reviews they'll point to the few bad ones to validate their bias against it.

And with the right mindset, most games, whether the're good, average or bad are enjoyable and deem awesome. It goes both sides.

Around the Network
AZWification said:
JPL78 said:

But I thought 7/10 was a good score! ;(

To me 7 means, you'll enjoy it if you enjoy the genre or series. I've enjoyed lots of action RPGs that were 7's. But by Internet standards now any game that is not a 9 is a failed piece of dog crap.

I would give Infamous SS about an 8.5. It's a lot of fun and technically superb.

Luck said:
JPL78

And with the right mindset, most games, whether the're good, average or bad are enjoyable and deem awesome. It goes both sides.

The question would be if you judge a game based off of personal experience or just what other people said. People like bad games sometimes, sure. I don't think Second Son is amazing or perfect but if someone plays through it and thinks that, good for them. 

Normchacho said:
Gamer_of_the_Year said:

In a old school magazine called "Game Pro" there used to be a rating given to games called "Fun Factor". 

God I miss Game Pro..."fun Factor" should be a metric in every review.

Anyways, I can't wait to try Second Son as I really, really liked the first two InFAMOUS games.

Me too bro! I have never trusted a magazine as much as I did Gamepro. My sensibilities always line up wit their reviews almost 100% of the time. I would know if I would love a game or not based on their scores. I can't say that for any magazine the last 10 years.

The best looking game in any console right now and I guess even Crysis 3 ultra on PC is behind because the open world nature of inFAMOUS.

Bad story, poor development of characters, but great gameplay.