By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Infamous: Second Son is amazing. A beautiful and infectiously fun stunner. 9.5 out of 10

iceboy151 said:
Bad story, poor development of characters, but great gameplay.

I disagree wholeheartedly. The story may be slightly undercooked but I loved the characters I just wanted more of them. Especially Fetch every character has great personality and interesting motivations. It just felt slightly rushed. Not "bad" in the slightest though. 

Around the Network
EB1994 said:
tres said:
wouldnt take much to be the most fun on ps4 since the pickings are slim. i never was a fan of infamous. flashing particles dont make a game fun. i think they were actually appealing to teen girls with all the pink and powderblue streamers. watching on twitch i was bored. for me its just a free ps plus game at best.

Lul here we go again. I watched dis game on twitch and it was baaad.

yep

Gamer_of_the_Year said:

In a old school magazine called "Game Pro" there used to be a rating given to games called "Fun Factor". As a kid growing up this used to be the most important rating to me (along wit graphics) because if this rating was high it assured me that the gameplay whether simplistic or complicated was ultimately a hell of a lot of fun. And that's really the point right? Over the years as the power of consoles have exploded to astronomical heights games have taken a more and more complex approach to gameplay an strategy sometimes enhancing "fun factor" but lot of times in spite of it. I'm no gamer that doesn't like a challenge either. I play complex games from jrpgs to fighters to deep simulations like NBA 2K (and not just play em. I'm damn good at them). But complexity just for complexity's sake is not a good gaming experience. Sometimes a simplistic but addictive game can be the most rewarding. Think all the original Nintendo classics. 

It is with that that I say, Infamous Second Son is a exuberant return to good old days of unadulterated FUN FACTOR. Pick up the controller and have an absolute blast. LITERALLY. A gorgeous, stunning, simply beautiful blast at that. Zipping around the lush and luxurious Seattle landscape wit Delsin creating havoc is some of the most insanely addictive arbitrary fun I have ever had in a video game. Close to but just short of my jubilation of scouring Gotham as Batman in Arkham City. It's remarkably fun and so so addictive. I don't care how many times I use endless speed with Neon to make a non stop trip from one end of the map to the other or how many times I see those beautiful wing from my Video power: IT WILL NEVER GET OLD. Neither will the super moves. 

A big part of the reason it's so fun is Delsin himself. A instantly likeable rebel who is having just as much fun as you are wreaking havoc on the DUPes. I was NOT a fan of the original Infamous games. Cole and the world just did not connect wit me enough to want to finish them. Suffice it to say, I beat Infamous my SECOND (pun not intended but obvious) day wit the game. I could not put it down. The story is good albeit short. And all of the characters are likeable and well voice acted. I really wish Fetch had more to do but Sucker Punch did a great job establishing the brotherly relationship between Delsin and Reggie and understand why they chose to focus on their story. FETCH better return tho! She is a very interesting character and a change of pace for female characters in video games. 

But other than that Infamous is a remarkable experience. It's the best looking game ever made, it has an great protagonist at the center, and addictive gameplay. The reviews to this game baffle me. This is without question the best next gen game released so far. And it's not even close. GET THIS GAME! 

I couldnt have said it better myself it really is a fun game with tight controls. The powers are really thinking outside of the box in a good way. Every set feels unique and makes it hard to decide which one to use. its a real testimate the controls how fast he moves and still be able to control him so percicsely. BOLD statement incoming if Sonic 2006 had these controls over sonic (not the special Moves) it would be a 8.5-9 out of ten game. There are flaws too however some of the side missions get a bit dull and repetative, as well as the morale system taking a back seat most of the game other than that great experiance i would give it a 9 out of 10

Ka-pi96 said:
iceboy151 said:
Bad story, poor development of characters, but great gameplay.

I know it is subjective but I thought the story and characters were very good.

Me too.

Infamous 2 is still better. More interesting city, more interaction with secondary characters. More (real) sidequests.
But ISS is a very solid entry into the franchise which does a lot of cool stuff.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

10/10 for me.

I can't get enough, its so much fun. It plays like an inFAMOUS game, and that is how its suppose to feel like.

game of the gen.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:

10/10 for me.

I can't get enough, its so much fun. It plays like an inFAMOUS game, and that is how its suppose to feel like.

game of the gen.

Uh, bit early for that champ. Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Bioware, Rocksteady and Rockstar may have something to say about that.

JPL78 said:
deskpro2k3 said:

10/10 for me.

game of the gen.

Uh, bit early for that champ. Naughty Dog, Bethesda, Bioware, Rocksteady and Rockstar may have something to say about that.

Well, now Sucker Punch is playing with the big boys now! lol

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
tres said:
wouldnt take much to be the most fun on ps4 since the pickings are slim. i never was a fan of infamous. flashing particles dont make a game fun. i think they were actually appealing to teen girls with all the pink and powderblue streamers. watching on twitch i was bored. for me its just a free ps plus game at best.

Your trolling is way too obvious, even if we didn't know who you were.

Gamer_of_the_Year said:

In a old school magazine called "Game Pro" there used to be a rating given to games called "Fun Factor". As a kid growing up this used to be the most important rating to me (along wit graphics) because if this rating was high it assured me that the gameplay whether simplistic or complicated was ultimately a hell of a lot of fun. And that's really the point right? Over the years as the power of consoles have exploded to astronomical heights games have taken a more and more complex approach to gameplay an strategy sometimes enhancing "fun factor" but lot of times in spite of it. I'm no gamer that doesn't like a challenge either. I play complex games from jrpgs to fighters to deep simulations like NBA 2K (and not just play em. I'm damn good at them). But complexity just for complexity's sake is not a good gaming experience. Sometimes a simplistic but addictive game can be the most rewarding. Think all the original Nintendo classics. 

It is with that that I say, Infamous Second Son is a exuberant return to good old days of unadulterated FUN FACTOR. Pick up the controller and have an absolute blast. LITERALLY. A gorgeous, stunning, simply beautiful blast at that. Zipping around the lush and luxurious Seattle landscape wit Delsin creating havoc is some of the most insanely addictive arbitrary fun I have ever had in a video game. Close to but just short of my jubilation of scouring Gotham as Batman in Arkham City. It's remarkably fun and so so addictive. I don't care how many times I use endless speed with Neon to make a non stop trip from one end of the map to the other or how many times I see those beautiful wing from my Video power: IT WILL NEVER GET OLD. Neither will the super moves. 

A big part of the reason it's so fun is Delsin himself. A instantly likeable rebel who is having just as much fun as you are wreaking havoc on the DUPes. I was NOT a fan of the original Infamous games. Cole and the world just did not connect wit me enough to want to finish them. Suffice it to say, I beat Infamous my SECOND (pun not intended but obvious) day wit the game. I could not put it down. The story is good albeit short. And all of the characters are likeable and well voice acted. I really wish Fetch had more to do but Sucker Punch did a great job establishing the brotherly relationship between Delsin and Reggie and understand why they chose to focus on their story. FETCH better return tho! She is a very interesting character and a change of pace for female characters in video games. 

But other than that Infamous is a remarkable experience. It's the best looking game ever made, it has an great protagonist at the center, and addictive gameplay. The reviews to this game baffle me. This is without question the best next gen game released so far. And it's not even close. GET THIS GAME! 

Looking forward to checking out this game when I get a PS4.  But what confuses me is that you keep harping on "fun factor", yet back in 2013 your top 10 games of last generation didn't include 1 (ONE!) Nintendo game lol.  Galaxy games, Zelda, MARIO KART??? Not one?  haha just bustin your balls