By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - "All of Sony's inhouse/1st party studios are OVERRATED!!" says YouTube user Blackbond.

Can you determine if a game is overrated before playing?

Yes! 101 31.37%

No! 221 68.63%

Total:322

From my experience watching videos of games before I play them is enough to know how I will like the game. Never had a game which felt totally different when I played it as when I saw it (if I saw more than a three minutes long trailer)

Sure, there are differences between playing and watching but when I see videos of a game which I don't like but it has a high meta of maybe 90+ then even trying the game doesn't bring it close to that score in my opinion. Same vice versa with games and low scores.

But I wouldn't call it overrated just because my opinion is different to the average opinion of many people.

Around the Network

"But I wouldn't call it overrated just because my opinion is different to the average opinion of many people."

Yep, that's key. I personally don't like many games, but that's because of taste reasons, not because they are objectively bad games, and I'm genuinely happy for the people that get a lot of enjoyment from them.

This is why the black Youtube gaming community is irrelevant. ( for the most part at least).

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Hehehehe, hahahahaha lmao Ohhhh hahahaha oh my hahahahahha oh damn Im crying.

What's more funny is in his intro he pulls out Rogue Galaxy, a Sony owned IP :P

Around the Network

lol blackb0nd - the guy that didn't know what NPD or media create was until I told him. Then got blocked becuase I was apparantly a lame clown.

Norris2k said:
Porcupine_I said:
"Overrated" is just a word that means that for some reason your opinion should be worth more then anyone elses.

Especially if the guy didn't play any of the games, it's like "I talk out of my ass, and that's a lot more relevant than the opinion of millions of players".

But I agree with him about Kojima. He's mostly doing the same licence once every 4 years for about 20 years. For MGS, I don't know... I don't really like the game, but I didn't start with the PS1 games and understand nothing at the story and controls.

he did Lords Of Shadow (the good one) and Boktai / Lunar Knights (also a good game)

and you just said that you didn't play the games as well....

Even if you don't like any of the games he mentioned you absolutely can't "agree" with him, as he has no opinion, just a prejudice/bias.

classic blackb0nd logic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QsevSZw-3I

Oh yeah completely in agree Naughty dog are so overrated, look at their games, they did not even once get a 100 on metacritic and an user score of 10. Ridiculous ;

---------------------Metascore (user score)
Crash Bandicoot 3: 91 (8.9)
Crash Team Racing : 88 (9.1)
Jak and Daxter TPL : 90 (8.9)
Jak II : 87 (8.5)
Jak 3 : 84 (9.0)
Jak X CR : 76 (8.2)
Uncharted : 88 (8.2)
Uncharted 2 : 96 (8.7)
Uncharted 3 : 92 (8.3)
The Last of Us : 95 (9.1)

Since 1998, 10 games, 4 franchises, all successful, not even one bad game. 5 games over 90, 2 at 88, 1 at 87. Now tell me, if ND is overrated, then what should we say about all the others developers ?!

Their most remarkable feat was probably to create the 1st very good game on PS3 when all the others were struggling to create a decent game. They probably saved the console with their Uncharted franchise.