By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking like VR is the new gimmick for this gen, will you accept it?

Im looking forward to checking it out to be honest. How can you shit on it before you pick the thing up and play on it? That is the way of the net I guess.

Around the Network

I'm in, but really people have been waiting for VR to arrive in gaming for 20 years if not more. I remember seeing Sega's VR helmet for the Genesis (lol) in EGM during the 90s and all the pre-hype about the Virtual Boy (before we know it was a single color underwhelming design that wouldn't be support by Nintendo).

I still remember thinking even though Virtual Boy flopped, that that idea itself wasn't a bad one, the technology was just way too crude at that time, it was an idea 20 years ahead of its time. The system could only display one color and couldn't properly display 3D polygons.

Really to be honest if Nintendo had waited on technology and released the Virtual Boy 5-6 years later with full color graphics and say Dreamcast level 3D graphics, it probably would've sold fairly well (my bet is probably better than the GameCube). 

Hell yes, I can't wait to pre-order it! While Microsoft were desperately trying to catch up with the indie scene by announcing 25 games for ID@xbox at GDC, Sony happily announced the VR headset for the PS4.

How different these two companies are right now. Sony's roadmap and executuion have been ahead of their game

DON'T CALL IT A GIMMICK!

Yes - Have wanted one of these since it was revealed with earlier prototypes. Just give me details and costs.

Around the Network

VR is so 1993.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

VR gaming will be just as relevant as 3D gaming ^^

Ill try it, needs to be much better than oculus rift tho, after trying that i would not spend £300 on it. It was prototype tho so hopefully things will improve alot.

I love the idea but it needs to work perfectly and it needs to be under £300

LOL F'n gimmick!..

but this time its not being called a gimmick coz Nintendo not doing it.. hilarious! =D

Its better than stupid motion, tablet and camera controlers but still weird to wearing this on your head