By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looking like VR is the new gimmick for this gen, will you accept it?

I hope it dies like happened to the stereoscopic 3D :)

Around the Network

Can see it now...........

Seriously, if it is good enough there is no reason why it cannot be added into the gaming mix. 

Nadwki said:

LOL .. doesnt look stupid at all !... 

BluGamer23 said:
Nadwki said:

LOL .. doesnt look stupid at all !... 

That's going to be the issue, same as Move, Kinect, 3D glasses. How to you get people to wear them? If it works then it might stand a chance and if the price is right. 

Gimmick of the gen... do we know the price? because I don't see that being well adopted and supported if those devices are going to be more expensive than the original kinect was.

Around the Network

'Project Morpheus is firmly in progress. No one mentioned a release date or a price point and as a matter of fact, they outright refused to speculate.'

Price is going to be crucial, apart from it actually working well enough. If Sony charge an arm and leg it's going to struggle. So many things for Sony to get right for this work. Price, comfort, quality experience etc  Still looks like they are putting real effort into it and so who knows.

It's got potential, I'll give it that.

Yoshida said the most gratifying experience was when he looked down and saw that his body "was that of Kratos. It was an empowering experience!"

http://www.gamerevolution.com/features/sony-playstation-vr-headset-details-from-gdc

No!!!

Shaunaka said:
DON'T CALL IT A GIMMICK!

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

It'll flop this time around.

Somewhere just past $200 is the choke price for gimmicks. Based on supply constraints of the components involved, it'll be more than $250 retail.

You also have to make substantial effort to develop to this specific technology. That's added cost to develop a game which probably could sell even better without the VR strings attached if you re-allocated the cost to marketing and promotions. There's a very good reason why Bethesda and John Carmack parted ways over the Oculus Rift.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

fleischr said:
Shaunaka said:
DON'T CALL IT A GIMMICK!

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

It's a gimmick

You've never used VR have you? I suppose the people who have actually tried it and said that it adds immeasurably to the gameplay experience are all wrong.

And you need to go check the definition of gimmick.

This is not a gimmick. You people who imagine that you won't have money for a headset and are therefore making so much noise should STOP.

What's your agenda!? The FACT is people freak out when they play OR because it's an amazing new experience. And the OR was very low res and low quality. This is going to be incredible. 

Do you remember when HD tvs came out and the same shit was happening!?