By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda since Ocarina of TIme

Skyward Sword is the best since Ocarina of Time

Yes 103 71.03%

Si 39 26.90%

Total:142

Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, OoT 3D were all better than Skyward Sword. SS was just a linear fetch quest game with a rudimentary overworld, with a pretty art style and the Zelda name.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
RealGamingExpert said:
I agree. For me its OOT > SS > TP > WW
I havent played MM yet.

Good taste. Agree 100%

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

VanceIX said:
Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, OoT 3D were all better than Skyward Sword. SS was just a linear fetch quest game with a rudimentary overworld, with a pretty art style and the Zelda name.

Majora's Mask was a full game of a side quest.

Wind Waker was as short as MM with a barren and useless ocean, but less epic, easy, and boring.

Twilight Princess was a dumbed down Ocarina of Time version, with a barren and useless overworld.

Ocarina of Time 3D is the same as Ocarina of Time, with the exception of a dumbed down final boss fight.

Everyone can go there.

Skyward Sword was the game the Zelda fandom deserved, but not the one it needed. It had a better story than any other Zelda, and did more to expand the Zelda universe than any other game besides Ocarina of Time, and OOT did so by accident, it was never meant to split the timeline at all, much less into three. Heck back then there wasn't a timeline and Miyamoto didn't want one. As for the motion controls, anyone who complains about them didn't have their Wii set up right. They were the very best example of motion controls on the Wii. They're what should have been there from the beginning, to set the bar. Instead we got a game designed for Gamecube that had nothing but waggling and between that and Galaxy the Wii was a wagglefest until Skyward Sword brought REAL motion controls to the console. And the dungeons. Mother of God, the dungeons. Best dungeons in a Zelda game hands down. The only bad part about the game was the linearity, and that's going to be fixed for the next game. The motion controls will be gotten rid of in favor of making good use of the gamepad too, for those that didn't like the motion controls. I have high hopes for the next Zelda game to be the best in the series period.

HylianSwordsman said:
Skyward Sword was the game the Zelda fandom deserved, but not the one it needed. It had a better story than any other Zelda, and did more to expand the Zelda universe than any other game besides Ocarina of Time, and OOT did so by accident, it was never meant to split the timeline at all, much less into three. Heck back then there wasn't a timeline and Miyamoto didn't want one. As for the motion controls, anyone who complains about them didn't have their Wii set up right. They were the very best example of motion controls on the Wii. They're what should have been there from the beginning, to set the bar. Instead we got a game designed for Gamecube that had nothing but waggling and between that and Galaxy the Wii was a wagglefest until Skyward Sword brought REAL motion controls to the console. And the dungeons. Mother of God, the dungeons. Best dungeons in a Zelda game hands down. The only bad part about the game was the linearity, and that's going to be fixed for the next game. The motion controls will be gotten rid of in favor of making good use of the gamepad too, for those that didn't like the motion controls. I have high hopes for the next Zelda game to be the best in the series period.

Agree. We don't deserve to get rid off the motion controls because some doesn't know how to play with it.

Around the Network

Yes.

POE said:
Yes.

Do you agree? Or are you laughing at me?

Nah Twilight Princess is 2nd best cause it was for grown upz

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

KingdomHeartsFan said:

My favorite moment in any Zelda game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB3JwD05PU0

Agreed. That version of Zelda's Lullaby is easily the best.

OT: I think its better than OoT personally. The connection between Link and Zelda is like no other Zelda game (Spirit tracks comes close though).

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

Is it me, or I just see "yes" and "sí" answers? Nice trap.

Anyway, Skyward Sword it's an awesome game, however it has its problems.

1) It's too linear. I never felt inmersion in the game.
2) Disappointing story. I don't know you, but I really disliked the story and at the nearly end, the little emotion that game had, just banished.
3) Too much help from Fi.
4) Tedious boss battles and very repetitive. I only liked the fourth one.
5) Sky is too big, flying with your bird can be very boring sometimes.
6) Can't skip cinematics of a very disappointing story, unless you finish the game.
7) Enemies are awkward.
8) Dungeons are too easy.

But still, it has its good pints, controls are fluid and awesome, it has good music and the art style it's incredible. I'd like to see something similar on Wii U, but the tech demo shown in E3 2011 might be better.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.