By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda since Ocarina of TIme

Skyward Sword is the best since Ocarina of Time

Yes 103 71.03%

Si 39 26.90%

Total:142

Gah, its hard to see so many people hating on one of my favorite games. I completely understand why some people don't like it and that is all well and good but this is just hard to read. I loved pretty much everything about Skyward Sword so much, it sucks that other people couldn't see it in the same light I did.

Sorry you guys didn't like the game but I think a lot of the things that you guys hated (namely the motion controls) were what contributed to what made SS such a phenomenal game for others. You can only please so many people, especially when you take risks and do something new...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
More like "So Pavolink's gaming taste is confirmed to be very, very, very special", because it wasn't too long ago that you praised Metroid: Other M.

I like good games. Especially Other M.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wright said:

Frustrating controls make me love this game less than Twilight Princess.

And give me a sex scene between Link and Sheik Zelda one day, Nintendo.

Dat comment.

I haven't played skyward sword yet but from the Zelda games that I have twilight princess seems the worst
I got stuck in the place with the frozen zoras, playing as the wolf sucked

Yes, it is a great game and far superior than Ocarina of Time.

Around the Network

I really liked Skyward Sword but I can't say which Zelda game is better or worse because everyone has something unique which makes it special. Not everything is good in Skyward Sword or in Ocarina of Time but they are really unique and in the same way traditional. That's it what a good Zelda game is about and both of them has this innovative and traditional experience... even Zelda II has it but less traditional^^

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

It's above twilight princess and well below Windwaker and OoT in my top 75 ranking (made for the top 50 for last year)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Ninricken said:
I really liked Skyward Sword but I can't say which Zelda game is better or worse because everyone has something unique which makes it special. Not everything is good in Skyward Sword or in Ocarina of Time but they are really unique and in the same way traditional. That's it what a good Zelda game is about and both of them has this innovative and traditional experience... even Zelda II has it but less traditional^^

I think this explain it good.

Take that haters!

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Good controls, good dungeon design, fun spoils and upgrade system, fresh and interesting stamina system. Terrible go-nowhere story, small world with areas repeating again and again, hardly any exploration, aggravating repeated tasks, few interesting bosses (more repetition), bland and boring graphics, treats you like a four-year-old.

I feel like it could have been the best, but it's got huge problems, which isn't something I've been able to say about any other 3D Zelda. On my first playthrough I might have seen your side of it, but after the second time my opinion of the game when down several points.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I agree. For me its OOT > SS > TP > WW
I havent played MM yet.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert