By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda since Ocarina of TIme

Skyward Sword is the best since Ocarina of Time

Yes 103 71.03%

Si 39 26.90%

Total:142
curl-6 said:
Samus Aran said:
curl-6 said:
VanceIX said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

I think modern Action RPGs/JRPGS should have voice acting. FFXIII trilogy did this pretty well. I've seen many games miss this target. LoZ is one of the most notorious offenders. Lunar TSS started it imho on Sega CD and had awesome characters for its time like (FFIV which had ZERO voice acting) which was all the way back in 1993. I don't see how I can be transported into another world when I'm talking to myself through all the dialogue or are we supposed to make up 10's of different voices ourselves when we read all the dialogue? It's ridiculous imho. NES Zelda with the least amount of dialogue, (and tightest controls) is the best way to tell the story until they get voice actors, and quality one's at that but this is how Nintendo rolls...very slow to change. It's a majora problamo for me as a gamer to have no voice acting in 20XX.

We saw what happened when Nintendo tried to implement voice acting with Metroid Other M.

This.

I don't want distracting voices breaking the mood.

To be honest, Metroid Prime 3 pulled it off well. 

That's cos Samus herself didn't speak. ;)

I want a Zelda game with voice acting, but Link being silent all the time. And also with an option to turn voice acting off, so everybody can be happy. 

I want Link to only have one line in the Wii U title. 

At the end of the game, Link and Zelda look at the destroyed Hyrule Castle where he and Ganon had their final showdown. The conversation would go as followed: 

Zelda: did you really have to destroy the entire castle just to beat Ganon?

Link: Well excuuuuse me princess. 

It would be the greatest troll in video game history. 

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

I want a Zelda game with voice acting, but Link being silent all the time. And also with an option to turn voice acting off, so everybody can be happy. 

I want Link to only have one line in the Wii U title. 

At the end of the game, Link and Zelda look at the destroyed Hyrule Castle where he and Ganon had their final showdown. The conversation would go as followed: 

Zelda: did you really have to destroy the entire castle just to beat Ganon?

Link: Well excuuuuse me princess. 

It would be the greatest troll in video game history. 

The poll tells me that the 100% agree that SS is the best one since OoT.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think the correct phrase would be that Skyward Sword is the best Zelda since Wind Waker but after ALBW that isn't even true any more.

I hated Skyward Sword.

Not hated as in it's a terrible game, but hated as if it's disappointing. I was deeply disappointed by Skyward Sword. The motion controls were terrible at times. There were only a few memorable songs. Fi. Lack of a connected overworld. Lame bosses (most of the time). FI. Screwed up story. MOTHERFUCKING FI!!!!!!

Twilight Princess is tied for my favorite game of all time (along with Pokémon X and Y), and it did almost everything better than Skyward Sword. My only real complaint about Twilight Princess is that it's too dark. Literally.