By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda since Ocarina of TIme

Skyward Sword is the best since Ocarina of Time

Yes 103 71.03%

Si 39 26.90%

Total:142

I loved the game, and I think it's as good as Twilight Princess, but for very different reasons. I loved the controls and the story, and the fact that the way to the temples were interesting this time around! But there were way to little exploration and too few and boring side quests, and th handholding...! MYGAWD! Shut the fuck up Fi!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
FinalFantasyXIII said:

NES Zelda 1 is the best imho.

I actually think I agree!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

I liked it. I don't like to think of Zelda games in terms of best since or whatever. They are self contained games that I enjoy all by themselves. They each tend to have their own qualities.

Mr Khan said:
Pavolink said:
mii-gamer said:
Why all the hate for skyward sword? It was fucking awesome

Best boss battles
Best Dungeons (Pirate Ship, Lanaryu minds)
Awesome villain
Creative puzzles
Awesome music
Best set pieces in any zelda

I don't wanted to say but

Zelda cycle

Oh no! I did!

We're still in the part when it's cool to hate on Skyward Sword, though. We need to wait about 6 months to a year after Wii U Zelda (though you think it won't come, so 6 months to a year after Wii U/successor simul-launch Zelda?) When people will start griping about x, y, and z that Zelda U did and how Skyward Sword didn't have any of that shit.

If Nintendo has the balls and release a top down view Zelda for U, it will become the most hated game and finally Skyward Sword will be praised for what it did right.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think modern Action RPGs/JRPGS should have voice acting. FFXIII trilogy did this pretty well. I've seen many games miss this target. LoZ is one of the most notorious offenders. Lunar TSS started it imho on Sega CD and had awesome characters for its time like (FFIV which had ZERO voice acting) which was all the way back in 1993. I don't see how I can be transported into another world when I'm talking to myself through all the dialogue or are we supposed to make up 10's of different voices ourselves when we read all the dialogue? It's ridiculous imho. NES Zelda with the least amount of dialogue, (and tightest controls) is the best way to tell the story until they get voice actors, and quality one's at that but this is how Nintendo rolls...very slow to change. It's a majora problamo for me as a gamer to have no voice acting in 20XX.

Around the Network
FinalFantasyXIII said:

I think modern Action RPGs/JRPGS should have voice acting. FFXIII trilogy did this pretty well. I've seen many games miss this target. LoZ is one of the most notorious offenders. Lunar TSS started it imho on Sega CD and had awesome characters for its time like (FFIV which had ZERO voice acting) which was all the way back in 1993. I don't see how I can be transported into another world when I'm talking to myself through all the dialogue or are we supposed to make up 10's of different voices ourselves when we read all the dialogue? It's ridiculous imho. NES Zelda with the least amount of dialogue, (and tightest controls) is the best way to tell the story until they get voice actors, and quality one's at that but this is how Nintendo rolls...very slow to change. It's a majora problamo for me as a gamer to have no voice acting in 20XX.

You would still have to read the dialogue either way. So why go through the trouble. 

FinalFantasyXIII said:

We saw what happened when Nintendo tried to implement voice acting with Metroid Other M.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:
FinalFantasyXIII said:

We saw what happened when Nintendo tried to implement voice acting with Metroid Other M.

This.

I don't want distracting voices breaking the mood.

I consider them both to be the low point of 3D Zelda.

TP took everything OoT did, and did it bigger and better. So by default it the best 3D Zelda since OoT.

SS was a nice attempt at something different, almost ruined by a horribly stupid design decision to use tilting controls for things that SHOULD have obviously used the IR pointer instead.

Case closed.