By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda since Ocarina of TIme

Skyward Sword is the best since Ocarina of Time

Yes 103 71.03%

Si 39 26.90%

Total:142

I agree.

Nothing to major i had a problem with.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
mii-gamer said:
Why all the hate for skyward sword? It was fucking awesome

Best boss battles
Best Dungeons (Pirate Ship, Lanaryu minds)
Awesome villain
Creative puzzles
Awesome music
Best set pieces in any zelda

I don't wanted to say but

Zelda cycle

Oh no! I did!

Yeah, lol. 
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Miyamoto_4f3491_731557.png

Pavolink said:

Incredible storytelling, first in the timeline, a real Zelda in danger and a goddess warrior were some of the points that makes Skyward Sword one of the best in the series. In fact, it's the best one since the mythic Ocarina of Time.

Flooded by puzzles in and outside from the traditional dungeons, Skyward Sword defys the conventional puzzles that games like The Wind Waker and Twilight Princess had and feels like a dumbed version from their predecessors.

Despite Majora's Mask almost perfection, Skyward Sword adds a new interesting chapter to the story, unlike the mentioned Majora's Mask which was more like a spin-off.

Controls. Perfect. Use of Motion Plus was justified every time you had to balance on a rope or slash your sword. Graphically it was one of the best on the Wii and artistically a perfect mix from past entries.

A good villian like Ghirahim, a cruel Impa and epic boss fights make this game the best since Ocarina of Time.

1000% agree on everything! my favorite for sure, kinda sad there wont be another motionplus zelda

not for me, easily one of the most boring Zeldas i played.

Yes, the best since Ocarina. I agree that at first it doesn't feel like a Zelda game... but only who stopped playing it after a few hours can say that it will not (in the end) and that it is not great .

I loved absolutely everything about this game. Music, artstyle, gameplay, motion control, the way you can upgrades and much more.

it should have sold 5 mil at least!

Switch!!!

Around the Network

Ifit would have a real connected world you could explore then YES but because it does not NO

The only Zelda I played worse than Skyward Sword were Minish Cap and Twilight Princess. Skyward Sword is meh.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

Nah, I agree Skyward Sword was pretty good, like nearly all Zelda games, but it wasn't the "best since Ocarina of Time".

In my opinion, Twilight Princess remains the 'best since OoT'. Skyward had a good story, yes, I also liked that a lot, and had some good dungeons. Also the control scheme was great and gave us some innovative puzzles on top of more challenging and engaging combat. However it all falls apart in the overworld. The fact that it was the most linear thing you could imagine on top of being disconnected and small was inexcusable. As far as 3D games go, I'd only put it in front of Wind Waker (even after the HD remake which definitely improved the game).

Ocarina of Time > Link's Awakening > Twilight Princess > Majora's Mask > A Link to the Past > Skyward Sword > A Link Between Worlds > The Legend of Zelda NES > The Wind Waker > Spirit Tracks > Adventure of Link > Oracle of Ages > Oracle of Seasons > Phantom Hourglass > Minish Cap > Four Swords

Majora's Mask, sorry.

The best Zelda game I don't care about playing since Spirit Tracks.