By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Shutters Interactive Division, Prepare to announce layoffs in Studio Operations

Max King of the Wild said:
FlowerGirl said:

Isn't this considered trolling here?

Most definitly. Use the report tool under the orifginal post and write up the infraction and submit it

Done and done.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

Sony fans continue to ignore the desperate financial situation their favorite company faces as massive layoffs are announced. Large 'at a loss' sales of their new console can't possibly patch their bleeding finances.

You articulate that as if it is reperesentative of some reality you're acutley aware of. Frankly, I find your logic bizarre, and the only person it serves is yourself. Sometimes I wonder what weird isolated, planet people must be living on to come up with some of this stuff.

Final warning, folks, the discussion is not to be about how moderate-able the OP is. Have an issue, report it. If not, leave it lie.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Gnac said:

There is nothing wrong with a gentleman who prefers to take matters into his own hands.

Oh, man. It has only just occurred to me how much I need a butler.

Galaki said:
Why haven't anyone call for Iwata to be fired? He's surely to blame partially.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Final warning, folks, the discussion is not to be about how moderate-able the OP is. Have an issue, report it. If not, leave it lie.

Considering all I see in the OP is a trolling comment then I assume the thread is about such comment. thus me commenting on that comment is on topic. By leaving the comment un moderated leaves the discussion open. Now, if the thread is about layoffs then I ask how sony fans are relevant and what is the point in singling them out in the OP is? 

You mods cant have it both ways. Either im on topic talking about the Original post or the thread should be locked and OP should be modded.

Mr Khan said:

Considering all I see in the OP is a trolling comment then I assume the thread is about such comment. thus me commenting on that comment is on topic. By leaving the comment un moderated leaves the discussion open. Now, if the thread is about layoffs then I ask how sony fans are relevant and what is the point in singling them out in the OP is? 

You mods cant have it both ways. Either im on topic talking about the Original post or the thread should be locked and OP should be modded.

This

Mr Khan said:

My point with the topic is 'With more news like this coming every couple weeks lately, how long can Sony go before this news begins to impact their gaming division?' Hopefully, the new Xperia model is successful, because that would be a significant blow to their finances as well. With the financial services division and gaming division the only clear successes, with the movie sector having clear successes but also being balanced against some failures (typical for movie studios: a few big successes subsidize many failures), Sony is unfortunately in a position where they have to pull off their strategy in the next fiscal year or two, or they might not be able to recover. This has the potential to substantially shake up the current 'big three' console gaming landscape. It's kind of a surprise that there are so many layoffs in the movie division, as Sony Pictures is one of their divisions that is doing better than most of the others.

It isn't as outrageously faceitious to wish to discuss this topic as you suggest. I hardly think that my 'interpretable-as-veering-towards-snarky' tone in the OP is the most notable thing about this subject in terms of the future of console gaming.

Obviously, Sony has a financial strategy they are undertaking now, in the effort to turn things around. So much of this news is reported at the end of their fiscal year so that any gains will post to the next fiscal year and look like progress to shareholders. But obviously the compnay has HAD some kind of strategy over the past few years that didn't work out for them. Surely they didn't roadmap "Shutter half the divisions and sell a ton of buildings to lessen the size of the loss, and get rid of half the physical assets in two years and lay off thousands of people" as part of their plan. I just hope their new leadership and 'leaner' strategy helps them move forward because the last thing console gaming needs is one of its biggest contributors laid out by a larger fiscal difficulty.

Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to. Try to avoid simply copy and pasting the article to which you are linking.

Didnt know the link was about sony fans ignoring Sonys financials...

Do not post just a link. Links have context - expound upon that context. For example, Mario Piano Videos. Post a link, but also give some background on what the link is to. Try to avoid simply copy and pasting the article to which you are linking.

Didnt know the link was about sony fans ignoring Sonys financials...

I posted the link, explained the basic content, and then explained my perspective on the situation. I certainly didn't copy and paste the article to which I linked. Your qualm seems to be that I wrote things that weren't what the article said? Yes, I editorialized. Which is precisely in the spirit of not copy and pasting the content of the article.

I wish YOU would avoid copy and pasting bits from the rules in here. Two moderators have weighed in on you trying to discuss the moderate-ability of my original post. I will henceforth ignore what you say here until such a time as it is actually on topic.