By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Shutters Interactive Division, Prepare to announce layoffs in Studio Operations

VitroBahllee said:

I see your point, and if this was the first bad news about Sony's corporate financial situation in the last month or so, I would agree that my assessment was premature. But, two things. This is obviously not the first piece of news like this lately. The preponderance of responses have proven what I said, and I knew they would, because this isn't the first story like this lately. Secondly, this story has been out for hours and it hasn't been reported here yet, which can reasonably be interpreted as ignoring the significance of the news, as well.

I'll try to be less assumptive when making posts, and I will also scrutinize my wording with a high degree of care because I am starting to realize how sensitive fans of the leading, most technically powerful console can be about anything that reflects negatively on their system of choice. I am surprised by this revelation because applying 'treat others like you would be treated' standards to posts I've seen on the topic of the other systems, I would never have realized the high level of respect demanded of their vgchartz peers that this particular group apparently expects. I would hope that the same level of concern for the slightest offense will be shown on the other sections of the site, but I am not holding my breath.

The only reasons you were proven right is because of your straight up trolling. leave that out of your thread and no one would have a reason to respond the way they did. Secondly, even ifyou waited till there were those responses then it is still a moderatable offense considering Sony fans are completely irrelevant to layoffs and there is no reason to bring them up except to attack or troll them. But sony is in desperate shape financially

Around the Network
Max King of the Wild said:
VitroBahllee said:

I see your point, and if this was the first bad news about Sony's corporate financial situation in the last month or so, I would agree that my assessment was premature. But, two things. This is obviously not the first piece of news like this lately. The preponderance of responses have proven what I said, and I knew they would, because this isn't the first story like this lately. Secondly, this story has been out for hours and it hasn't been reported here yet, which can reasonably be interpreted as ignoring the significance of the news, as well.

I'll try to be less assumptive when making posts, and I will also scrutinize my wording with a high degree of care because I am starting to realize how sensitive fans of the leading, most technically powerful console can be about anything that reflects negatively on their system of choice. I am surprised by this revelation because applying 'treat others like you would be treated' standards to posts I've seen on the topic of the other systems, I would never have realized the high level of respect demanded of their vgchartz peers that this particular group apparently expects. I would hope that the same level of concern for the slightest offense will be shown on the other sections of the site, but I am not holding my breath.

The only reasons you were proven right is because of your straight up trolling. leave that out of your thread and no one would have a reason to respond the way they did. Secondly, even ifyou waited till there were those responses then it is still a moderatable offense considering Sony fans are completely irrelevant to layoffs and there is no reason to bring them up except to attack or troll them. But sony is in desperate shape financially

Well the moderator didn't see fit to moderate me. Please don't continue assuming ill will, because calling 'trolling' on someone IS a moderateable offense and I respect that you feel strongly about this, but I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me a troll. I understand my wording was assumptive and off-putting, and I will not post such an ill-considered wording in an OP again. It'd be great if you stopped calling me a troll for dashing off a quick writeup on a news article. 

So, they're cutting cost in their digital marketing division?

the-pi-guy said:

I don't see the need to bring up Sony fans, especially to stereotype them.  

they are evil.

Deal With It. 

Why haven't anyone call for Iwata to be fired? He's surely to blame partially.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

It needn't mean anything. This is the kind of news that is relevant to at least be posted on a sales/business-angled video game site, for the perusal or discussion of those who do take an interest. If you don't feel like taking interest, that's completely understandable.

I agree it's relevant news. It's the unforunate downside of business, whether it's a company you like or dislike. Just have to hope it's a good descision for the long term of the business and keep supporting the best you can.

Hopefully the people losing their jobs can quickly land somewhere else.

Isn't this considered trolling here?

Also they're just cutting operating cost. Even someone with basic business knowlege can see it.

VitroBahllee said:

Well the moderator didn't see fit to moderate me. Please don't continue assuming ill will, because calling 'trolling' on someone IS a moderateable offense and I respect that you feel strongly about this, but I would appreciate it if you stopped calling me a troll. I understand my wording was assumptive and off-putting, and I will not post such an ill-considered wording in an OP again. It'd be great if you stopped calling me a troll for dashing off a quick writeup on a news article. 

Know your rules. Saying someone is trolling is not moderatble. Callimg someone a troll is. Mods miss big time all the time. Just because you havent been moderated doesnt mean you shouldnt be.

FlowerGirl said:

Isn't this considered trolling here?

Most definitly. Use the report tool under the orifginal post and write up the infraction and submit it

badgenome said:
EB1994 said:

How do you know this Badge? From experience??  ^^ =P

Of course. I never just talk through my hat when it comes to masturbation.

There is nothing wrong with a gentleman who prefers to take matters into his own hands.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3