By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
lukeroux said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Always get a deluxe model and try to get one thats bundled! You can't upgrade the internal storage but you can have as many external hard drives as you want (up to 2tb/drive)

And those are good choices, also get WWHD if you havn't played yet!

yeah, never played console version of Zelda(embarassed). I've only played ds ones(didn't like them). Is WW a good one to start with the series?

Hell yea! Many people recommend it to people that never played Zelda cause its the easiest to get into. The game itself isn't very hard but it is an amazing game non the less. The world feels big and there is many things to explore and well as a bunch of side quests. WWHD also took out many of the tedious sections from the original (which I won't say cause thats spoiler). If you can get the WWHD bundle, that will save u money on the game and you get a free digital book as well with a limited edition wiiU that has fancy designs!

Edit: Also the deluxe model (including the WWHD bundle) has a special promotion where if you buy Nintendo games from eshop, 10% of that will get into credits so eventually, u can have enough credits saved up to get a game for free!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
lukeroux said:
I don't think I can wait that long. I want to play those platformers so bad. I'm going to get MK8 for sure. Loved MK on ds.

You're already planning to wait until April so an additional month shouldn't be too bad, and if you're into MK8 then that's even more reason to wait as they may also bundle it, but do as you wish!

Other games I'd look into be the Wii ports of Pikmin 1 & 2, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, and The Wonderful 101, the latter 2 having demos you can try out.

Smeags said:
The Wii U offers multiple external storage options.

IGN put up an article about some solid hard-drive choices. So hopefully that helps.

As far as games go, the fact that you never owned a Wii means that you have a heck of a backlog (which is never a bad thing. ^_^) If I may be so bold, I've kept up Recommendation Threads for both consoles (Wii U / Wii), so if you need a guide to the best games on the systems, look no further!

Anyways, congratulations on your purchase and I hope you enjoy. It's a neat little system with some already amazing games. Super Mario 3D World is my personal favorite, so be sure to give it a go once you've finished the Galaxy games. All three games are among the greatest I've ever played.

great threads sir, very helpfull. 

I love platformers  so I'm 100% sure I'll love it

sundin13 said:
You can upgrade the storage on both sets so it doesn't really matter too much if you get deluxe or not, but I would advise getting one of the bundles (Wind Waker bundle is a good choice)

Also, WW is a pretty good way to jump into Zelda...any of them are good really and they all have different things that are good (or bad) about them ^.^

lukeroux said:
Always get a deluxe model and try to get one thats bundled! You can't upgrade the internal storage but you can have as many external hard drives as you want (up to 2tb/drive)

yeah, never played console version of Zelda(embarassed). I've only played ds ones(didn't like them). Is WW a good one to start with the series?

lukeroux said:

Hell yea! Many people recommend it to people that never played Zelda cause its the easiest to get into. The game itself isn't very hard but it is an amazing game non the less. The world feels big and there is many things to explore and well as a bunch of side quests. WWHD also took out many of the tedious sections from the original (which I won't say cause thats spoiler). If you can get the WWHD bundle, that will save u money on the game and you get a free digital book as well with a limited edition wiiU that has fancy designs!

Edit: Also the deluxe model (including the WWHD bundle) has a special promotion where if you buy Nintendo games from eshop, 10% of that will get into credits so eventually, u can have enough credits saved up to get a game for free!

Cool I'll look for WWHD bundles, I can see WW version of WiIU looks pretty neat.

Einsam_Delphin said:
lukeroux said:
I don't think I can wait that long. I want to play those platformers so bad. I'm going to get MK8 for sure. Loved MK on ds.

You're already planning to wait until April so an additional month shouldn't be too bad, and if you're into MK8 then that's even more reason to wait as they may also bundle it, but do as you wish!

Other games I'd look into be the Wii ports of Pikmin 1 & 2, Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, and The Wonderful 101, the latter 2 having demos you can try out.

I'm only waiting until April because I get my paycheck on 7th of April. :p

As you can see I'm pretty hyped. But I may be able to wait for MK8. I'll try. :D

As many already pointed out, "Wind Waker" is a very good choice for your first Zelda game.

Around the Network
lukeroux said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
lukeroux said:

I'm only waiting until April because I get my paycheck on 7th of April. :p

As you can see I'm pretty hyped. But I may be able to wait for MK8. I'll try. :D

If I can do it, you can too! I literally have the money sitting on my dresser and could go buy a Wii U right this second, but no! I shall be patient! I'm really hoping for that $50 price cut, but at the very least I expect them to bundle MK8 in, which would save me the trouble of having to settle for a game I'm not interested in!

Good choise. I also recommend you Pikmin 3

I just got a Wii U like 5 days ago and I'm enjoying it a whole lot. I'm kinda in the same boat where I'm going Wii U and PS4 with a PS vita this generation.

Killerbee23 said:
I just got a Wii U like 5 days ago and I'm enjoying it a whole lot. I'm kinda in the same boat where I'm going Wii U and PS4 with a PS vita this generation.

I also own a Vita, an excelent handheld.

Some brilliant games your buying there, happy gaming :)