By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

If you love platformers its worth thinking about the NSMBU/L uigi U bundle, there's plenty of platforming goodness in those games alone. SM3DW, Donkey Kong and Rayman Legends (Wii U definitive version) are must have games, and rank amongst the best platform games ever made.

Around the Network
Smeags said:
The Wii U offers multiple external storage options.

IGN put up an article about some solid hard-drive choices. So hopefully that helps.

As far as games go, the fact that you never owned a Wii means that you have a heck of a backlog (which is never a bad thing. ^_^) If I may be so bold, I've kept up Recommendation Threads for both consoles (Wii U / Wii), so if you need a guide to the best games on the systems, look no further!

Anyways, congratulations on your purchase and I hope you enjoy. It's a neat little system with some already amazing games. Super Mario 3D World is my personal favorite, so be sure to give it a go once you've finished the Galaxy games. All three games are among the greatest I've ever played.

This.  Nintendo games usually age pretty darn well so enjoy.  Skyward Sword should be on your list for sure.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
lukeroux said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Always get a deluxe model and try to get one thats bundled! You can't upgrade the internal storage but you can have as many external hard drives as you want (up to 2tb/drive)

And those are good choices, also get WWHD if you havn't played yet!

yeah, never played console version of Zelda(embarassed). I've only played ds ones(didn't like them). Is WW a good one to start with the series?

Hell yea! Many people recommend it to people that never played Zelda cause its the easiest to get into. The game itself isn't very hard but it is an amazing game non the less. The world feels big and there is many things to explore and well as a bunch of side quests. WWHD also took out many of the tedious sections from the original (which I won't say cause thats spoiler). If you can get the WWHD bundle, that will save u money on the game and you get a free digital book as well with a limited edition wiiU that has fancy designs!

Edit: Also the deluxe model (including the WWHD bundle) has a special promotion where if you buy Nintendo games from eshop, 10% of that will get into credits so eventually, u can have enough credits saved up to get a game for free!

Dude needs to play Twilight Princess too, I loved that one.  Proper overworld vs. waterworld.  Nothing against Wind Waker, another masterpiece in it's own right.  Skyward Sword too.  Wow dude, you have a lot of Zelda's to catch up on!

PigPen said:
Cheebee said:
Get Zelda WW HD and Lego City! They're swell.

They're swell.  Who talks like that in this day and age?  I totally agree with you though.

I do, because they are. Sounds better than saying they're totally bitchin' awesome!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Made a list of games i'll be getting:
Wii:

-NSMBW

-all zelda titles.

-Super mario galaxy 1&2

-Super paper mario(liked mario rpg games on ds)
-kirby games
-DK:returns
-Fire emblem(is wii version good?)

WiiU:
-WW HD
-DK:TF
-NSMBU
-Rayman Legends(loved origins on vita, heard WiiU version is the best.
-SM3DW
-MK 8

Most definitely I won't be getting smash bros.

I hate fighting games.

Looks like I'll be having a good gaming time. It's an amazing line up.

Around the Network
lukeroux said:

Wii:

-NSMBW

-all zelda titles.

-Super mario galaxy 1&2

-kirby games

WiiU:
-WW HD
-NSMBU
-SM3DW
-MK 8

I hate fighting games.

Looks sweet! Prioritize getting Mario Kart 8 so you can play in any tournaments we do here on VGC!

lukeroux said:

Wii:

-NSMBW

-all zelda titles.

-Super mario galaxy 1&2

-kirby games

WiiU:
-WW HD
-NSMBU
-SM3DW
-MK 8

I hate fighting games.

Good selection. There are more must-haves, but you will be busy with those games for a long time.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn is my favourite Fire Emblem game (I played the ones for GC, GBA and 3DS), but it's very expensive because it's rare. I don't understand why it has the lowest metactitic score of all Fire Emblem games (78).

Pikmin 3 is pretty good, same with Sonic and Rayman if you like plataformers

On Wii id recommend Metroid Trilogy and The last story for more mature themes

I've done some research, It was between WW HD and NSMBU bundles. I'll go for NSMBU because I'll get 2 games(NSMBU+LuigiU) and WWHD bundle only has digital download(I prefer to own a Disc). Love the Zelda gamepad though.

Must haves:

Wii:
Xenoblade (!!!)
Zelda TP

WiiU:
Mario 3D-World
Rayman Legends
Zelda WW
Donkey Kong
Pikmin 3
Zombi U
(Mario Kart)