By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One should reduce resolution imo.

It was debunked.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
lt_dan_27 said:
kupomogli said:

Is 1080p noticeable compared to 720p?  Yes it is.  But is it so much more noticeable that twice the amount of effects pushed into a 720p game wouldn't make it look better than the same 1080p game with less graphical effects? 

Take a look at Ryse.  When it was 1080p some things looked better, but overall they were able to make the game look a lot better by dropping resolution by a fourth.  Compare that to the retail release of Infamous Second Son.  The game still looks amazing, but the degredation in quality is a disappointment in my opinion.  I would rather have the quality of graphics they had back in E3 at 9i00p rather t han the current build they have now. 

At the end of the day, 1080p is noticeable over 720p, but it doesn't matter when it takes away from the performance and quality you could otherwise have at a lower resolution.

Infamous second son was always 1080p. There was no downgrade in quality. The differnces in lighting created weird effects. Resolution tends to create the most noticable difference in quality. It's best to try and acheive 1080p. Also, Ryse looked noticably worse after the downgrade. The reason they lowered res was because they were barely able to pull of  30fps. Also, if you don't believe me about the whole non-downgrade part with infamous.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/03/15/infamous-second-son-pictures-show-that-there-was-no-downgrade-since-e3-2013/

It looked worse because the lighting from the recent screens was light bathed due to the position of the sun. Some of the worst misinformation I've seen in a thread in a long time. 

There's nothing in the entire thing you quoted saying Infamous Second Son is lower resolution.  It's stating that that with a lower resolution, graphical effects and textures could be introduced to make it look better than it would at 1080p.

You very much made it sound like you thought infamous second son was at 900p during e3. There's also the fact that part of quality is the resolution. It's not like res is just something they throw at the game to make it harder to run for no real reason. There's also the fact that the Second son graphical downgrade was a myth perpetuated and started by idiots that don't realize different times of day cast different kinds of shadows. 

When I read in the op about the degradation, which I agree with, I knew propel were going to come in here with their pitch forks and torches.... The game still looks great, but some just can't handle the idea that the game was slightly..... Altered.. Compared to the e3 showing.

Justagamer said:
When I read in the op about the degradation, which I agree with, I knew propel were going to come in here with their pitch forks and torches.... The game still looks great, but some just can't handle the idea that the game was slightly..... Altered.. Compared to the e3 showing.

It was not. There are tons of screenshots showing that this is not the case. Right click and view image to get the full idea.

My TV is still 720p so I am all for the idea.

Around the Network

Look at em, they're so used to downgrades that you could put different dates on the same image on any game and their mind will immediately create downgrades because of confirmation bias.
They can't even comprehend a next gen game being improved from E3 rather than downgraded.
Hopefully, PS exclusives will continue to do just that with Nintendo, Xbox, and hopefully EA and Ubisoft following suit.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Like I thought at first when emerged the rumors, the game doesn't looked downgraded at all. Just a little different and even more detailed.

Btw, banned on his own thread lol

Notice the jacket of second son's heroine,
there are 6 more buttons on it than E3 2013 trailer.
so any texture downgraded?i'll say no.

ArmGunar said:

Thanks, bye.

Droool! This will be mine on Friday!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

PC: you choose your HW, then for each game you can choose the res/effects/framerate compromise that's best for your tastes. Another problem solved, Master Race style.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!