By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 and Xbox One should reduce resolution imo.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
PC: you choose your HW, then for each game you can choose the res/effects/framerate compromise that's best for your tastes. Another problem solved, Master Race style.

Sans exclusive

Sans Developer control

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
PC: you choose your HW, then for each game you can choose the res/effects/framerate compromise that's best for your tastes. Another problem solved, Master Race style.

And lives with all the bugs and bad ports. A bunch of problems, Master Race Style.

torok said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

And lives with all the bugs and bad ports. A bunch of problems, Master Race Style.

Bug fights is actually a free game bundled with every PC!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Textures look worse there though. Apart from the time of day and such. Clothing textures actually look real on the E32013 version compared to the retail version in the images shown.

time of day kinda makes a huge difference when comparing the same area/character models,it can change the look/quality quite a bit... just look at the game in motion to see how sexy it is.... look how damn good the clothing/textures looks in this photo,i can reach through the screen and wear them.downgrade? HA

Alby_da_Wolf said:

Thats a joke and then some. 

Should i put on a filter infront of art casue i can, or should i view it for what the artist the creator wanted it to be.  There game is ment to be a certain way, the vision of the team behind it.  Just casue some are shit and you need to screw with setting to make em playable sucks for you. 

Around the Network

BeElite said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Thats a joke and then some. 

Should i put on a filter infront of art casue i can, or should i view it for what the artist the creator wanted it to be.  There game is ment to be a certain way, the vision of the team behind it.  Just casue some are shit and you need to screw with setting to make em playable sucks for you. 

You can avoid any compromise if you have a PC matching or exceeding the ideal specs, though. Good point, at least in the games with the best graphics style, that about playing them with the settings devised by the creators, but about it, multiplat games will often need a default compromise on them, unless even the weaker platform match or exceed the ideal settings. Anyhow, yes, I get your point and IMVHO a very good thing would be if the creator always stated at which resolution they created their games, and, in case they had to accept compromises when porting it on PC and consoles, which were the settings that gave them the results more faithful to their original art.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

EEJLND said:
Why do people actually even compare a direct feed screenshot with a heavily compressed one from YouTube? Additionally the scene is totally different, so you can't compare for example lighting and shadows.

We will never understand how trolls think:/

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

ImmortalHelixFossil said:
EEJLND said:
Why do people actually even compare a direct feed screenshot with a heavily compressed one from YouTube? Additionally the scene is totally different, so you can't compare for example lighting and shadows.

We will never understand how trolls think:/

I don't think they are trolls, because what they are arguing utilizes reason, its just wrong and based on fallacies. Coupled with willing ignorance and the nile.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

binary solo said:
ArmGunar said:

Thanks, bye.

Droool! This will be mine on Friday!

Those are beautiful shots.... I'm happily going to pick this up. It comes out this friday? I know where I'm going after work that day! Can't wit for it! The more pics I see of this game, I am convinced it's not a downgrade. It is different, but not a downgrade. I thought it was a slight one at first, but I actually see things that were added versus the e3 build. I'm hyped! Looks gorgeous.