By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - This weeks numbers

Could you please stop making threads about this week's sales. Thanks.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

No stockpiling, see here:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=18012#end

Entroper said:
I think Nintendo may be 'probing' during this normally slow time to see how much demand is out there. They'll make a huge mass shipment like last week's America shipment, and if it still sells out instantly, then they have a good idea of where they have the most demand. Their average over the last two weeks in America is 130,000 a week. They could have shipped 130,000 a week, and it would have been plenty respectable, but I think they wanted to try for this big push to see how quickly it would get gobbled up.

That's a interesting theory. Hopefully this leads to increased production.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

all the wiis are problay going to the US beacuase of brawl

twesterm said:
Mnementh said:

I was already wondering about the european numbers and the big drop in Wii sales there: thread about this. But now are american numbers in, and there the Wii is on the last place, even behind the PSP. What's wrong? Is Wii a fad or are there growing piles of Wii's in storages for the Smash-release?

The second interesting thing is, that the PS3 managed to outsell X360. In the USA!

The tense is growing: what will happen in Japan?

I'm so sick of people automatically saying that the Wii is a fad if it didn't outsell everything else or didn't sell an insane number of units.

Even if you don't think it's a fad the fact that you still list it is just stupid.

at this point, I think only Wii fans are using "Wii is a Fad" whenever Wii gets outsold, as a defense mechanism.

Even if Wii is a fad, it's not a fad that will fade away anytime soon. It's like saying Ipod is a fad, (it is), but it's not fading, ever. 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network
twesterm said:
Mnementh said:

I was already wondering about the european numbers and the big drop in Wii sales there: thread about this. But now are american numbers in, and there the Wii is on the last place, even behind the PSP. What's wrong? Is Wii a fad or are there growing piles of Wii's in storages for the Smash-release?

The second interesting thing is, that the PS3 managed to outsell X360. In the USA!

The tense is growing: what will happen in Japan?

I'm so sick of people automatically saying that the Wii is a fad if it didn't outsell everything else or didn't sell an insane number of units.

Even if you don't think it's a fad the fact that you still list it is just stupid.

Twestern : wake up man ! It was a joke . Just looking ta the guys sig anyone can tell ...

The big drop is probably because of the stockpiling for Brawl . Will Wii sales remain as big as last year after the launch of Brawl/Fit/MK ? It probably will , but compared with the other consoles there wont be such a big difference this time around ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@ twesterm

Chill... he was joking. Look at his sig

On topic:

I can't believe that the PSP beat the Wii... that's just...

I don't know whats up. But I'm curious to see if Japan's numbers are really high. Maybe they diverted a bunch of shipments there because of SSBB being such a hit? I'm curious to see

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

I do wonder though why nobody ever mentions retailers when they mention stockpiling. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the retailers stockpiling Wii shipments for Brawl since there are rules for advertising, such as actually having some of the item in stock when an item is advertised.

It's certainly a possibility, and would effect sales the same way.

JoeJ said:
I do wonder though why nobody ever mentions retailers when they mention stockpiling. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the retailers stockpiling Wii shipments for Brawl since there are rules for advertising, such as actually having some of the item in stock when an item is advertised.

It's certainly a possibility, and would effect sales the same way.

I think the effects of retailer and Nintendo-stockpiling adds up.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]