By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What Will You Say If Xbox One Games Start Running At 1080p 60fps?

I'd say resolution doesn't matter. Xbox Fans convinced me of that.

Seriously though, the PS4 is just stronger. Just let it go and deal with it. It doesn't mean that you can't have fun with X1. It only means that PS4 will have superior graphics for this gen. But graphics are only one small aspect of a game. You'll have to know for yourself if they matter that much to you. I got by just fine last gen with inferior multiplats on PS3. But if you really want the best graphics just get yourself a PS4. Don't let yourself blind by silly flame wars, silly advertising or stupid things like brand loyalty.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

Don't worry their life depends on downplaying MS so they'll find anything to grasp on. But just to know... aside from Forza 5 which games are AAA 1080p 60fps?

Scoobes said:
Depends on the game.

exactly. Even x360 and PS3 can do 1080p/60 if the game is not graphically intensive.

If both systems are doing 1080/60, then one of the following statements must be correct:

1) the PS4 has higher detail, AA, or is better at other graphics related features.

2) the PS4 only, or PS4 & XB1 are not running to their maximum potential

3) developer screwed something up massively on the PS4 version.

I'd say sweet...now give me a game I want that I can ONLY get on X1 and I might buy one.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Games can run at 1080p/60fps right now they'll just look a lot worse than PS4 versions.

Keep believing that 1 will some day equal 2 Jega!

Around the Network

" NeoGAF still sucks."

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

theprof00 said:

So in six months, xb1 will finally be even with playstation. I knew it. One day, xb1 will be worth the money, so you should buy it today!

Oh and by the way:
Games running in 1080p 60fps has nothing to do with the power of the system and everything to do with the game. The smaller the game's resource requirement, the easier it is to hit 1080/60. Many indie games can run in 1080/60.

EDIT EXAMPLE:

Look at it like this, there is a split in resources for what goes into a game.
Resolution/framespersecond
Environment scale
Gameplay/content
AI
modelling/Textures/

Now say you can set each of these at a scale from 1-10
You only have 30 points to work with.

And Dead Rising would be

uh no. Even if the AI is very primitive, the sheer amount of it makes it VERY CPU heavy.

theprof00 said:

EDIT EXAMPLE:

Environment scale
Gameplay/content
AI
modelling/Textures/

A game like Ryse would be

And Dead Rising would be

Developers have to be good at old-school RPGs to make a good game, with the right combination of attributes you can win.

Resolution/framespersecond = Dexterity

Environment scale =  Constitution

Gameplay/content = Wisdom 

AI = Intelligence 

modelling/Textures/Strength = Charisma

Barozi said:
theprof00 said:

So in six months, xb1 will finally be even with playstation. I knew it. One day, xb1 will be worth the money, so you should buy it today!

Oh and by the way:
Games running in 1080p 60fps has nothing to do with the power of the system and everything to do with the game. The smaller the game's resource requirement, the easier it is to hit 1080/60. Many indie games can run in 1080/60.

EDIT EXAMPLE:

Environment scale
Gameplay/content
AI
modelling/Textures/

And Dead Rising would be

uh no. Even if the AI is very primitive, the sheer amount of it makes it VERY CPU heavy.

Well, that's something kind of insignificant to the point, but sure whatever.
I've just heard that the AI in that game was extremely dumbed down, and there are probably tricks to getting it working with less cpu power...like grouping, or trigger events, or function zones.

sales2099 said:
Ok. So then PS guys will start saying how Live Gold costs more and gives out less games. Or Kinect and how it shouldn't be mandatory. Theres always something to complain about. 1080p/60 fps just happens to be the fad the kids are talking about these days

We already say this (and it's not like it's false). You wouldn't have any kind of gauge of what PS guys may say down the road, otherwise, unless we already brought up those points. Unless you've never seen PS fans say this before and these are your own feeling on these issues.....

Pick one. Either your point is moot, because these are complaints that have already been brought up, and therefore aren't relevant to what will be said about the XBone 6 months, a year, 2 years, etc. from now; or you actually take issue with some aspects of the XBone (which, based on how you've rationalized every negative thing about the system since it's release, this can't possibly be true)