By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II official thread of telling us your journey through Drangleic

Just for future reference, is this the thread to come to to discuss and get advice on what to do and stuff? Just asking because there was a brilliant dark souls thread for the first one where everybody would help each other out.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Around the Network
areason said:
And i have 0 human effigies, god damn bosses are hard. Spent 9 trying to win at the lost bastille, was so close yet so far. I need gold pine resin.

Do you have any Bonfire Ascetics? If you do, you can boost the power of the Bonfire near the blacksmith on Lost Bastille and use a Rusted Coin on the enhanced dogs there. I farmed about 5 human effigies before they despawned. Also, all treasures you picked out in that vicinity will re-appear as well, so the spot with Gold Pine Resin will be back too.

Some bosses are really hard, others are complete pushoevers. On Earthen Peak both bosses are laughable. Then again, i'm using a full Drangleic set with Fire Longsword +10 . Once I have enough Twinkling Titanite i'm gonna boost Drangelic Sword, it's much better for regular mobs.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Brilliant game, glad i didnt wait for next gen, yeah graphics do look dated after 3 months with a PS4, but this game is just stunning to play.

I was also stuck with no effigies, but found that after 3-4 times using a soap stone to help other players on bosses it makes you human again anyway, not quite figured it out but it has happened to me twice and you dont need to win.

Also it seems you can help out on bosses youve not done yourself this time, which was good practice before i did my own run.

areason said:
And i have 0 human effigies, god damn bosses are hard. Spent 9 trying to win at the lost bastille, was so close yet so far. I need gold pine resin.

Doing co-op restores your humanity sometimes. I ended up in the Bastille last night, took me a long time to get through the ambush to even get to the boss. I missed a whole section in the forest of giants thus got there too early I guess. With 10 endurance and keeping my weight below 50% as a sorcerer I didn't stand a chance against those bosses. My simple fire sword +2 and 15 great soul arrows didn't do much either.

I decided to do some co-op instead in forest of giants at the second bonfire and they went through the door I missed, whole new section to explore. I did get the ring of binding from heide's tower, not dropping below 75% health helps, although that's still a measly 700hp for me with paper thin armor.

One thing I don't get. The sword should have a thrust attack, but most of the time it doesn't work. It seems R2 does it, but last night that just did a heavy slash attack. Maybe there's something wrong with my controller or I'm missing something.

Just beat both the ghost chariot and skeleton lords, i'm not really having much trouble with the bosses, haven't died more than three times on a boss and the was on the pursuer as I was pretty under-leveled...been doing alot of co-op since I'm apart of that covenant, seemed ALOT of people needed help with the Ruin Sentinels and Gargoyles, I was getting summoned in seconds after using the white sopestone.

Around the Network

Gargoyles were the hardest boss for me so far. Died 3 times on them and then finally got the pattern right. Best thing to do is to put 2 of them in critical health, so that they start moving away from you to use their Fire Breathing/Leaping Fire breathing attack.

That'll give you a lot more room to manouver and pick them out one by one. Pure Melee strategy.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Anyone know if its like Dark Souls 1 yet, where you get Diminishing returns in a stat after level 30?

Or is it worth going higher in this game.

Xenostar said:
Anyone know if its like Dark Souls 1 yet, where you get Diminishing returns in a stat after level 30?

What do you mean by diminishing returns? Anyway, I have Strength and Dexterity at around 35. Each level I add, raises the attack of of a B or C weapon by 1 or 2.

This, I stole from grandpa...It's called soap.

OMFG!! rat covenant people are the biggest cu*ts, especially in the second rat area, this douche mad me chase him though the whole level, 10+ enemy's then when i got to him (hiding behind more traps and monsters) my time limit had ran out...

Xenostar said:

Yes.

Endurance: 1-20 = 2 pts | 20-99 is 1pt per lv

Vigor: 1-20=30hp | 20-50= 20hp | 50+=5hp

vitallity: 1-29= 1.5 | 30-49=1.0 | 50-70 =0.5