By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II official thread of telling us your journey through Drangleic

I was able to find the light mill option in Earthen Peak because I pretty much read just about every message I see on the ground, but I could easily see how someone could miss it if they don't read all the messages, or are playing offline. Reading messages was also how I discovered Ash Lake in the first game.

Around the Network
arcelonious said:
I was able to find the light mill option in Earthen Peak because I pretty much read just about every message I see on the ground, but I could easily see how someone could miss it if they don't read all the messages, or are playing offline. Reading messages was also how I discovered Ash Lake in the first game.

"Illusionary wall ahead" false messages have pretty much made me give up on messages as a whole, stupid community :p

So I just figured out an ultimate try hard build to troll people and thought I'd share in case anyone else is interested:

Stats: Mundane build, with enough points to power stance Avelyn

Weapons: mundane Santier's Spear, two mundane Avelyns

Rings: both illusionary rings

Strategy: because your weapons are invisible, your opponent does not know what you are using until you attack, start the fight with Santier's Spear, then switch to power stance Avelyn half way through and blast them at close range for instant kill, it's extremely difficulty to roll away from two Avelyns, if they try to block then switch back to Santier's Spear for guard break critic.

This will take a while to set up but it sounds really awesome in my head, if anyone already has the rings you would try it out and see how it works, I think it's guaranteed to piss people off.

This is my breakdown regarding Dark Souls 2:

· Atmosphere: Dark Souls 2 > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls

· Dungeon Design: Dark Souls (NOTHING will never ever be close to what Dark Souls 1 did) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dark Souls 2 > Demon's Souls

· Story: Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls (Though all endings SUCK)

· Gameplay: Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls

· Charm: Demon's Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls 2

I've finally finished a no death run on my character. I originally failed on my NG+ playthrough (although I was fortunately able to finish a no bonfire rest run during that playthrough), but somehow I was able to do it on NG++. I was thinking about leveling my character from 125 to 150 before attempting the run, but I was luckily able to do it at 125, although I came close to dying numerous times since the enemies hit so hard and there's very little room for error with 25 vigor.

Overall, I'm still enjoying the game tremendously.

Around the Network

just one more trophy for plat. frigging Hidden Weapon. grrr.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Just got the platinum trophy. After more than 175 hours of misery and soul level of 252, I think I'm ready to move on. It's time to put aside My PS3 and bring back the PS4.. What a way to end a generation.

Now, bring on Project Beast, I'll start counting the days.