By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II official thread of telling us your journey through Drangleic

iBlah said:

The poise you see in the character sheet may not be your actual poise, the real poise has something to do with one's endurance and adaptability, the issue is still unclear but many people have reported of high poise characters being stun locked to death by dagger users, maybe there is a hidden modifier for the stone ring ?

Poise has been completely useless for, no matter how high it is I get stunned by almost any weapon, even daggers. I eventually decided to use the soul vessel to re-arrange the stats. I went with Faith/Strength build .. Never looked back.

Around the Network
VXIII said:

Poise has been completely useless for, no matter how high it is I get stunned by almost any weapon, even daggers. I eventually decided to use the soul vessel to re-arrange the stats. I went with Faith/Strength build .. Never looked back.

Maybe the armor has something to do, as well?

The armor takes poise up in a considerable amount.

Wright said:
VXIII said:

Maybe the armor has something to do, as well?

The armor takes poise up in a considerable amount.

I tried  different set of armors,  ring of giants +1, leveling up adaptability, still no use. What is the point of being a tank if you are no really... you know.. A tank. I'm actually enjoying the game much more now that I'm light ( below 70% equip load),  using miracle to add extra lightning damage to my Lightning Greatsword +10. Also that Great barrier miracle is a life savior if you pvp against those dam' sorcerers. I just feel the game is not balanced for sole Strength buillds.

I will get it on PC or PS4 when I have time to burn. :)

Wright said:

I am quite the hoarder, so I try getting all items as well, aside of leveling my character and exploring every single area (I did not have that WOW moment like in Dark Souls 1 though, on which on NG I missed Ashen City or whatever it was called where the Dragon that allowed you to enter the covenant lies, and later discovered it by accident on NG+ and being amazed). For example, I think this does not work with the Bonfire Ascetics, but Heide knights now drop armor instead of weapons.

And Bosses also give you a second different soul, which can be made to craft new unique weapons.

I can understand, however, that after 100 hours one can be satisfied :)

Yeah I've got to leave some incentive to buy it again on ps4 :)

It's just that bonfire ascetics and fast travel also have their downside in making my memory of the game a more fragmented one. DS1's world remains the clearer mental image after 100 hours of DS2. I found great hollow and ashen lake on my first play through, that descent followed by discovering ashen lake was epic. I found the painted world of Aramis on my 2nd run, awesome new discovery.

Around the Network

I have just noticed that Dark Souls 2 is the highest rated in the franchise according to Metacritic
91 based on 68 reviews for the PS3 version, 92 based on 29 reviews for the 360 version. Nice

So, is anyone interested in getting the platinum?, it requires to beat the game 3 times. I will get it eventually.

I've only finished NG+ once, I'm still making new characters to experiment with weapons and spells (early game mace power stance OP btw), trophies are really easy to get anyway, just play through the game normally once you'll get pretty much everything, farm mad warrior and falconers for convenant spells, then run to NG2+ and buy the few hard to get spells from the chancellor dude and you're done.

does anyone know of a Greatsword which is better than the Drangleic greatsword? ive been using this sword since very early in the game when you get the whole set and its now fully upgraded using twinkling titanite. i just wondered whether there's another greatsword which is better.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

You can purchase a Claymore from Vengarl in the Shaded Woods. I personally like the Claymore's move set, and it's easily upgradeable with standard Titanite ore. Then there are the different Boss Weapon greatswords which might be more useful if you're planning on making a buff build (e.g., Thorned Greatsword, Defender Greatsword, Watcher Greatsword, etc.).

I'm currently on NG++ and attempting a no death run again (I attempted a no death + no bonfire rest run in NG+, but only succeeded in the latter due to an incredibly stupid death of falling in an optional area that I shouldn't have even been in). I'm about to face the Lost Sinner with those damn pyromancers again, hopefully I won't die, lol.

turns out the claymore still isnt as good as the Drangliec sword when fully upgraded, so i went for the Black knight great sword thinking that that would definitely be better than the Drangleic sword when fully upgraded but niether is that. I truly think that the Drangleic great sword, although found very early in the game is the best great sword in the game.I tryed 2 boss weapon great swords but they didnt come close to it.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website