By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dark Souls II official thread of telling us your journey through Drangleic

I think it's a really good game, but not as good as Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls. I don't know, it just doesn't seem as polished, or as responsive as those two. The art direction isn't anywhere near as good, the bosses aren't as memorable, all in all it just feels like a step back. But, it's still has the Souls feel to it, and it's still a good game, just not as good.

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
BasilZero said:
Waiting for the PC version!

That's probably the smarter option. It looks pretty bad imo. Sometimes it's very hard to make out enemies from the background. It really shouldn't be so hard to spot an archer! Plus the framerate is far from steady as well.
But it's just so much fun! And despite the looks, the geometry and level layout is what makes the game.
If only this game had a ps4 version...

I´m hopeful there´ll be a PS4 version.I´m waiting for it, and if it never comes, then I´ll just get the PS3 version, it´ll even be cheaper by then.

There´s a bunch of angry people on GAF due to this:

Soriku said:
SvennoJ said:

You don't even need a key to access Heide's. More towards the water in Majula, to the left, there's a pathway down. Get through that area and you'll find Heide's on the other side.

As for the Pharros thing, hit the symbol and a wall will open up.

I've been going along the game without grinding, same as Demon's and Dark Souls, and my level is fine (at lvl 60 or so; you level up fast in this game) and my weapon is good. This is with only clearing like three enemies.

Thanks, it's always the simple things that I miss. I couldn't find the door to the depths in Dark souls for the longest time.

I guess I can level up more, I've been holding back as I got myself stuck in dark souls when the level up requirement became insanely high early on already and I couldn't use anything better than a spiked club.

Lamace said:
I think it's a really good game, but not as good as Demon's Souls or the first Dark Souls. I don't know, it just doesn't seem as polished, or as responsive as those two. The art direction isn't anywhere near as good, the bosses aren't as memorable, all in all it just feels like a step back. But, it's still has the Souls feel to it, and it's still a good game, just not as good.

I'm not far in yet but yes, the opening is not as good as firelink shrine and undead burg. It feels smaller and more randomly stitched together, less like a real place. Still loving it though.

JGarret said:
SvennoJ said:
BasilZero said:
Waiting for the PC version!

That's probably the smarter option. It looks pretty bad imo. Sometimes it's very hard to make out enemies from the background. It really shouldn't be so hard to spot an archer! Plus the framerate is far from steady as well.
But it's just so much fun! And despite the looks, the geometry and level layout is what makes the game.
If only this game had a ps4 version...

I´m hopeful there´ll be a PS4 version.I´m waiting for it, and if it never comes, then I´ll just get the PS3 version, it´ll even be cheaper by then.

There´s a bunch of angry people on GAF due to this:

they also nerfed the difficulty in the area near the first boss (the dude that rips of his arm) in early preview walkthroughs the pace where the turtle dudes are (behind one of the doors down the stairs) use to be pitch black and u had to use a torch to see anything. that mechanic is now gone for that area and the map has been revamped alot. (made it too easy now)

Around the Network
Soriku said:

You don't even need a key to access Heide's. More towards the water in Majula, to the left, there's a pathway down. Get through that area and you'll find Heide's on the other side.

As for the Pharros thing, hit the symbol and a wall will open up.

I found it now, I had been down there before but didn't notice the pull chain. I thought the contraption a few flights up was the key. This time I was online so a ton of messages pointed it out lol. It took a while to fight to the ring. Cool area but will save the rest for later, it takes way too long to take them down atm.

Yeah I'm a graphics whore...PC for myself is what I'd like... or hopefull after PC release we get some new word on a PS4 version. I don't want an all low setting game and near 30 fps cap. If PS3 was the only platform I'd say get it now, but with a PC version on the horizon I wonder.

Its one of the top 5 games I ever played, this thing is awesome. Its as hard as Demon Souls (wich was harder than Dark Souls) with all the cool little things from Dark Souls 1 and a bunch of new cool features. PvP is super fun as well and the world is hughe, Ive played over 30 hours and I believe Im just now midway trough the game.

And the whole draphical downgrade thing, the trailer was from a PC version of the game most likely, it looks awesome on PC (Im playing on PS3 but Ive seen it running on a PC).

And i have 0 human effigies, god damn bosses are hard. Spent 9 trying to win at the lost bastille, was so close yet so far. I need gold pine resin.

Mine arrives today =) So excited to play this one since I follow the games since 2011!

BTW, speaking sales-wise, it looks like this one will have great numbers considering the pre-orders! About a million across the 2 platforms, my bet!

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...