By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Up 3/8

Seece said:
I would bet on PS4 being significantly undertracked, XB1 being undertracked 30k~ and WiiU being about right.

For February? I don't think PS4 will be too undertracked, maybe by 10-20k units. It was mostly out of stock and Sony was probably diverting units for the Japan launch. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
true_fan said:
Man ps4 fanboys have so many excuses I suggest you all go into public relations. Sony is not going to purposely ignore the USA (biggest gaming market) for Europe or for some infamous bundles will no cost benefit. That's like saying here's a bone MSFT come get all of our customers who are sick of waiting on the ps4. I believe most people in the US have their ps4, hence the astronomical sales for the first 3-4 months. Also you guys are just trying to sweep under the rug how much of a flop the Japan launch has been. All I heard for months is wait until Japan, some people talking 750k to 1 million in one week. Hype is only going to last so long, eventually you have to make people want to buy your console with software. Expect next weeks numbers to be a demolishing, XB1 will overtake ps4 in the US and the UK, BOOK IT. PS a lot of people waited for Titanfall to make the upgrade to XB1, people who have already made the upgrade will buy Infamous. I expect sales to gradually level out, the honeymoon period is over. Sony is not over producing because they don't have the finances they once had.

I agree that I don't think Sony is holding back PS4s for infamous and if they are then thats a stupid move.

@ bolded so you expect the Xbone to sell about 250k in the UK and 300k in the US next week? I agree the Xbone should outsell the PS4 in those territories next week but that would just be crazy.

These numbers are bad for gaming in general.

Seece said:
I would bet on PS4 being significantly undertracked, XB1 being undertracked 30k~ and WiiU being about right.

Poor Wii U. It's down a lot this week though.

Btw for now Pezus lost his bet by a whoppin 2000 units.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
PS4 undertracked... NPD tomorrow will show that

Well, probably not for February since Sony already released WW numbers when they passed 6 mn. We can always hope though :).

BreedinBull said:
ps4 numbers will start mattering to me when i actually see them on shelves here in nova scotia....and no i dont want to hear about some buddy who saw them, i want to see it....so i can buy one :(...then screw erybody else :)

Less than a million people live in Nova Scotia. I would assume Sony Canada would rather send stock to the major cities first and sort out the supply issues there before sending stock to the small towns and cities.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Hey, in japan PS4 how sold in this week? :/

DerNebel said:
Btw for now Pezus lost his bet by a whoppin 2000 units.

with that margin i think it's fair to hold off calling the winner until after the monthly NPD adjustments.

morenoingrato said:

A month of sig and avatar control.

We should also stablish a margin of error, and if it falls between that margin (10k over / 10k under) we call it a tie.

Deal?

Deal

I guess it will be over 50k undertracked in US... VGC shows 202k for PS4 in February... I guess it sold more than January... so close to 300k.