By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Up 3/8

PS4 undertracked... NPD tomorrow will show that

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Well looking at nowinstock.com it looks like the PS4 still isn't readily available, so the stock excuse can still be used, even then I don't believe those numbers.

to date ps4 adjustments have always gone up from their original estimate.  ioi probably is playing it conservative so he doesn't have another one of those "sell-through > shipped" moments.  ;)

The One is basically flat from last week. Should increase to 75,000-80,000 this week (Titanfall week), then either drop or stay flat till the 360 version of Titanfall comes out.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

PS4 sales are odd.

If it wasn't for stock issues they'd make sense since demand drops at this time of the year, but it's still not easy to find a PS4. At least NPD is tomorrow. If they have similar numbers to vgchartz, this'll be one strange mystery.

how was ps4/xone on UK

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
PS4 undertracked... NPD tomorrow will show that

Would you like to make a bet?

Not saying it isn't undertracked, but I'll take my chances.

morenoingrato said:

Would you like to make a bet?

Not saying it isn't undertracked, but I'll take my chances.

Ok... what did you want to bet?

ethomaz said:

Ok... what did you want to bet?

A month of sig and avatar control.

We should also stablish a margin of error, and if it falls between that margin (10k over / 10k under) we call it a tie.

Deal?

Man ps4 fanboys have so many excuses I suggest you all go into public relations. Sony is not going to purposely ignore the USA (biggest gaming market) for Europe or for some infamous bundles will no cost benefit. That's like saying here's a bone MSFT come get all of our customers who are sick of waiting on the ps4. I believe most people in the US have their ps4, hence the astronomical sales for the first 3-4 months. Also you guys are just trying to sweep under the rug how much of a flop the Japan launch has been. All I heard for months is wait until Japan, some people talking 750k to 1 million in one week. Hype is only going to last so long, eventually you have to make people want to buy your console with software. Expect next weeks numbers to be a demolishing, XB1 will overtake ps4 in the US and the UK, BOOK IT. PS a lot of people waited for Titanfall to make the upgrade to XB1, people who have already made the upgrade will buy Infamous. I expect sales to gradually level out, the honeymoon period is over. Sony is not over producing because they don't have the finances they once had. In terms of the Amazon shipment, I did the 999 trick, it took 3 days for 343 ps4's to be sold.

I would bet on PS4 being significantly undertracked, XB1 being undertracked 30k~ and WiiU being about right.