By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Famitsu Reviews (Ground Zeroes Score)

Kresnik said:
Mummelmann said:
Fusioncode said:
Does Famitsu just get payed off by every publisher in Japan?

Yeah, they give some ridiculously high scores to the majority of Japanese titles. Review scores have lost almost all meaning for me through the 7th gen.

They give ridiculously high scores to the majority of western titles these days, to be fair.

OT: Lol.

Also, J-Stars; Mario Party & Samurai Warriors fail.  Namco; Nintendo & TK not been paying their advertising money.

True enough, that makes it twice as useless though. But as long as it helps sell more "movies"...

Around the Network
Wright said:

I've never understood the x/y/z/g thing from Famitsu...

i like it.  the whole 4 reviewers thing helps minimize personal bias.

Famitsu are by far the least trustworthy reviews out there. They have been a joke for a while now. LOL at BF4 score.

I don't want to be negative, I defend Ground Zeroes, but Famitsu has zeroe credibility.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii got 40.

It is a production where my only thought was to burn my feelings into film. (Hideaki Anno)

Kill la Kill is awesome.

"This game has been like a light finally shining into what has been such a depressing time. I feel like this game has given me the power to go on living," the player wrote. "It's something like a miracle. It's helped me remember pure feelings from a more innocent time. I want to thank the development team."

"As game developers, our work is special," said Hayashida. "All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/

kuribo4 said:
I don't want to be negative, I defend Ground Zeroes, but Famitsu has zeroe credibility.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii got 40.

This game deserved 40.

Around the Network

good scores, good scores everywhere !

I'm really excited about this game, nothing negative to point out about itself, BUT..

i wish reviewers, ALL of them, would just start using a proper scale. Where, you know, 5 is the average. It is the middle point after all...most games should get scores around that area. Kinda like how the current 7 or 8 is.

foodfather said:
Famitsu are by far the least trustworthy reviews out there. They have been a joke for a while now. LOL at BF4 score.

But what about Quarter to Three?

badgenome said:
The check cleared! Amazing!

Pretty good for J-Stars and Samurai Warriors.

It cleared but apparently they forgot who sent it so they gave good scores to every game just to be sure.

Xenostar said:
Almost everything is amazing

It's Famitsu.  Almost everything is always amazing.  Famitsu is well known to sell their scores, so the more amazing it is, you can't be sure if it's actually amazing or because they paid more money.  Final Fantasy 13 received a 39/40 for example.  Lightning Returns Received a 37/40.