By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - dark souls 2 metascore!(big hit)

Good. Waiting for the PC version.

Around the Network

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls-ii

better yet, the PS3 is at 91 with 18 reviews.

I'm impressed.

It looks great,although I'm hesitant to buy it due to the fact you can get invaded whilst hollow ;__;

]

DarkWraith said:
ghettoglamour said:
aviggo77 said:
ghettoglamour said:
Good for its fans but this game is the opposite of what I'd call a good game

why not?

I don't like its philosophy of learning by dying and losing progress. It also felt more like work that fun when I played it. I'm talking about the original Demon's Souls, but I think the core of the game remains the same.

I understand that some people might appriciate this, but I don't have the time and will to invest too much time to feel some kind of accomplishment in a game. I need a more direct and immediate kind of experience.

some people enjoy a challenge, some people don't. no prob here, but why did you come into a thread for a game you're not interested in just to state your opinion that you do not like the series? this is borderline flamebait/trolling.
ot: all good news :D

Trolling? I only stated my opinion without offending anyone. Deal with it.

Btw I like challenge, just not the way this series offer it.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

ghettoglamour said:
DarkWraith said:
ghettoglamour said:
aviggo77 said:
ghettoglamour said:

why not?

I don't like its philosophy of learning by dying and losing progress. It also felt more like work that fun when I played it. I'm talking about the original Demon's Souls, but I think the core of the game remains the same.

I understand that some people might appriciate this, but I don't have the time and will to invest too much time to feel some kind of accomplishment in a game. I need a more direct and immediate kind of experience.

some people enjoy a challenge, some people don't. no prob here, but why did you come into a thread for a game you're not interested in just to state your opinion that you do not like the series? this is borderline flamebait/trolling.
ot: all good news :D

Trolling? I only stated my opinion without offending anyone. Deal with it.

Btw I like challenge, just not the way this series offer it.

I don't see it as trolling either. It is not a game for casual gamers and people should not get offended over your opinion. Everyone has different tastes. 

I ,on the other hand am totally frieken stoked for this game!!!! 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

Around the Network

Can't wait to play this on my Wii U!!!! (crickets.......) Am I right?

"Games are a trigger for adults to again become primitive, primal, as a way of thinking and remembering. An adult is a child who has more ethics and morals, that's all. When I am a child, creating, I am not creating a game. I am in the game. The game is not for children, it is for me. It is for an adult who still has a character of a child."

Shigeru Miyamoto

My kind of game.

ghettoglamour said:

I understand if you dont like the Souls games but I would not call a game "bad" just because I dont like it. By the way I don't even think is a hard game, it just doesn't hand hold you.

think-man said:
Skeeuk said:
I don't like that dying lowers your health, I will get round to play it but have not got the time. with infamous and ground zeros ordered il have to wait a while

I love it, makes the game harder, plus demon souls used to do the same.

I personally dislike this new mechanic a lot. In Demon Souls you lost half of your lifebar when you were in your soul form (which you could make only 25% by wearing a ring) but that was a one time penalty. Its not like every time you died your lifebar got smaller and smaller.

This new mechanic will make me even more paranoid to do anything in the game. I guess it all depends how rare that replenishing item is because if it is really rare, this could break the game for some players...I guess they made the overall game easier which evens this out a bit but I still don't think this is a good mechanic.

Otherwise, I still need to get around to playing Dark Souls so it may take me quite some time to get to this game...

LurkerJ said:
Good. Waiting for the PC version.

me 2 :3