By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - dark souls 2 metascore!(big hit)

ghettoglamour said:

Trolling? I only stated my opinion without offending anyone. Deal with it.

Btw I like challenge, just not the way this series offer it.

Personally I thought Uncharted 2+3's "get surrounded by tons of enemies and try, try, try again all few seconds" kind of challenge was waay more frustrating (granted I played on hard/crushing) than the Souls games'. Uncharted 1 remains my favorite from that series.

Around the Network
Rafux said:
ghettoglamour said:
Good for its fans but this game is the opposite of what I'd call a good game

I understand if you dont like the Souls games but I would not call a game "bad" just because I dont like it. By the way I don't even think is a hard game, it just doesn't hand hold you.

I don't call it a bad game, I actually think that it perfectly executes what it aims for. It just aims for the opposite of what a game should aim for (for my taste).

And I'm a not a casual gamer at all, just look at my PSN profile...neither do I dislike challenge.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Lafiel said:
ghettoglamour said:

Personally I thought Uncharted 2+3's "get surrounded by tons of enemies and try, try, try again all few seconds" kind of challenge was waay more frustrating (granted I played on hard/crushing) than the Souls games'. Uncharted 1 remains my favorite from that series.

Yeah, I also don't think that Uncharted is meant to play on crushing. You can if you want to get the trophies, but the games were clearly designed to be played on normal, which is the best experience in every Uncharted imo.

What makes the Souls series (or just Demon Souls, haven't played the others) is that almost nothing is explained to you and it lets you play the game wrong and waste hours of your time.

You can play 3-4 hours, playing it WRONG cause you maybe tried a level that you're too weak for or you don't understand how specific things work, and maybe THEN you figure out what to do right. But you lost 3-4 hours of your gaming time because you didn't accomplish ANYTHING at all. That's what happened to me at some point with DS and I just thought I don't have the time and will for this shit. I have job and a family and when I play video games I just want to have fun and not work for hours to accomplish or understand something.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Xen said:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls-ii

better yet, the PS3 is at 91 with 18 reviews.

I'm impressed.

added

ghettoglamour said:
Lafiel said:
ghettoglamour said:

Yeah, I also don't think that Uncharted is meant to play on crushing. You can if you want to get the trophies, but the games were clearly designed to be played on normal, which is the best experience in every Uncharted imo.

What makes the Souls series (or just Demon Souls, haven't played the others) is that almost nothing is explained to you and it lets you play the game wrong and waste hours of your time.

You can play 3-4 hours, playing it WRONG cause you maybe tried a level that you're too weak for or you don't understand how specific things work, and maybe THEN you figure out what to do right. But you lost 3-4 hours of your gaming time because you didn't accomplish ANYTHING at all. That's what happened to me at some point with DS and I just thought I don't have the time and will for this shit. I have job and a family and when I play video games I just want to have fun and not work for hours to accomplish or understand something.

I can appreciate that, but I don't believe it needs to change to suit that mindset. There are very few series like it, and that's why it's praised by people who do enjoy that type of playstyle. It's that mystique of unknowing that makes it so fun. Is your strategy wrong? Perhaps, but you'll get better as you go.

Around the Network
Hibern81 said:
Can't wait to play this on my Wii U!!!! (crickets.......) Am I right?

bad joke took away mah fun.

leyendax69 said:

Way better than I expected. It seems critic likes hard games...

No, because on games that are average difficulty, critics bitch about the games being too hard. 

Like I said in another thread, Dark Souls 2 is g oing to be a good game because of its combat system and design, however critics are going to rate it in the 90s probably because of the high difficulty.  Anything that is a really high difficulty, regardless if it's good or not seems to be hyped up by the press because high difficulty is the in thing now.

"- Can invade undead players"

Shit... now I can't hide. Alright, bring it!!!

4 ≈ One

ghettoglamour said:

that's not possible, you can complete any level of Demon's Souls at lvl1 and with start equip, because the game is not character lvl/equip lvl dependend, it's only knowledge dependend (not really "skill", because there are no hard to execute moves/combos, it's just simple knowledge of enemy patterns)

ghettoglamour said:
Rafux said:
ghettoglamour said:
Good for its fans but this game is the opposite of what I'd call a good game

I understand if you dont like the Souls games but I would not call a game "bad" just because I dont like it. By the way I don't even think is a hard game, it just doesn't hand hold you.

I don't call it a bad game, I actually think that it perfectly executes what it aims for. It just aims for the opposite of what a game should aim for (for my taste).

And I'm a not a casual gamer at all, just look at my PSN profile...neither do I dislike challenge.

You didn't call it a bad game? "this game is the opposite of what I'd call a good game"

Sorry if I misunderstand your words.