By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - dark souls 2 metascore!(big hit)

Xenostar said:
GAME OF THE WEEK!

Cant wait.

nah! game of the q1

Around the Network

It's certainly off to a good start, I was going to buy the game anyways. I'll probably be off VG Chartz for a couple of weeks thanks to that game!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Oooooooooooh man!!! I just bought atelier escha & logy, not sure I can afford this but I love demon souls and dark souls so it's a no brainer to pick this up!
God damn you money!!!!

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

Anfebious said:
It's certainly off to a good start, I was going to buy the game anyways. I'll probably be off VG Chartz for a couple of weeks thanks to that game!

nuuuuu

StokedUp said:
Oooooooooooh man!!! I just bought atelier escha & logy, not sure I can afford this but I love demon souls and dark souls so it's a no brainer to pick this up!
God damn you money!!!!

damn moniez

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:

Changes compared to Dark souls:
- Dark Souls 2 has a gentler starting area, where threats are obvious and instructions are spelled out on tombstones
- Enemies only come back to life a certain number of times
- Dying repeatedly brings down your maximum health by a sliver every time (restore with rare items)
- Fast-travel to and from any bonfire in the game once you discover it
- Much bigger game world
- More brightly lit areas
- Faster levelling
- More spell drops
- Voice chat enabled
- Can invade undead players

Several red flags, but I'm picking it up on thursday anyway. Can't wait to play a fresh souls game.

I must admit that i ended up using cheat to get teleport from the beginning of the game after 6-7 playtrough. It was annoying as hell.

But easier XP and non respawning ennemies are quite frightening to me (along with easier overall, the game is easy after a few runs, just some amazingly annoying design per moment -aka capra demon and these two f***ing dogs)

Hardly surprising, dark sousl was a masterpiece.  Best game of march most likely. Sorry infamous.

FlamingWeazel said:

Hardly surprising, dark sousl was a masterpiece.  Best game of march most likely. Sorry infamous.

infamous?!

RenCutypoison said:

I must admit that i ended up using cheat to get teleport from the beginning of the game after 6-7 playtrough. It was annoying as hell.

But easier XP and non respawning ennemies are quite frightening to me (along with easier overall, the game is easy after a few runs, just some amazingly annoying design per moment -aka capra demon and these two f***ing dogs)

The teleport doesn't bother me either, you can always ignore it.

Enemies that stop respawning, I guess it depends on how long takes. It's not like they disappear because you keep dying, you still have to kill them x times before they stop coming back. It would have made Ornstein and Smough more enjoyable for me, having to clear the area each time before summoning players to stand a chance against invaders sucked.

Easier XP hopefully that doesn't mean levelling is even more front loaded. I got stuck on my first attempt at DS since I didn't know what things were for and wasted attributes on the wrong things. By the time I figured it out it took too much grinding to fix it.

My biggest concern is being able to get invaded when you're undead. Guess I'll sign out of psn again when the invaded message pops up.

ghettoglamour said:
aviggo77 said:
ghettoglamour said:
Good for its fans but this game is the opposite of what I'd call a good game

why not?

I don't like its philosophy of learning by dying and losing progress. It also felt more like work that fun when I played it. I'm talking about the original Demon's Souls, but I think the core of the game remains the same.

I understand that some people might appriciate this, but I don't have the time and will to invest too much time to feel some kind of accomplishment in a game. I need a more direct and immediate kind of experience.

some people enjoy a challenge, some people don't. no prob here, but why did you come into a thread for a game you're not interested in just to state your opinion that you do not like the series? this is borderline flamebait/trolling.
ot: all good news :D