By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - dark souls 2 metascore!(big hit)

Nem said:
SvennoJ said:

Looks like another winner, great end to a generation.

lol... no. Not even by a longshot. Persona 5 is still coming next year and Tales of Zestiria will probably hit that window aswell. I'm sure there will be more. This gen is going to extend until next year. But, its looking like its finally starting to die out.

Well, for me it probably is. I still have Persona 3 FES laying around untouched for ps2. At some point I'm too far into the new generation to play the older stuff. By next year the new gen will be creating it's own backlog. Can't play everything.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
kupomogli said:

No, because on games that are average difficulty, critics bitch about the games being too hard. 

Like I said in another thread, Dark Souls 2 is going to be a good game because of its combat system and design, however critics are going to rate it in the 90s probably because of the high difficulty.  Anything that is a really high difficulty, regardless if it's good or not seems to be hyped up by the press because high difficulty is the in thing now.

BS name another game this gen hard that got rated high? Ds has amazing world desoign, mechanics, combst innovative MP and a tonne of content, difficulty is overblown in these games anyway. Game gets high scores because it is one of the best RPG's around period.

I called that Dark Souls 2 was going to get 90+ because it's difficulty before we even saw a single Metacritic score.  It was a fairly recent thread.  Obviously if it was a shitty game with high difficulty it wouldn't have got such a score.  Everyone knows journalists suck dick at video games and bash games with normal difficulty and the slightest bit of a difficulty spike, yet Dark Souls is one of the few games where they've spepnt half the review talking about the difficulty being hard as why it's such a great game.  Yeah, there are other reasons why it's a good game, but most reviews spent half the review talking about its difficulty.

Anyways, here.  http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/super-meat-boy

Super Meat Boy isn't a bad, but a 90 Metascore?   Hell no.  Not even close to one of the best platformers.  The only reason Super Meat Boy is rated so high is it's an okay game with high difficulty.

Video game journalism is shit.  It's less about them reviewing a game iwth their opinion, more on what they think the consumer wants to hear.  I'll make a thread about this opinion if you're interested. 

Dgc1808 said:
"- Can invade undead players"

Shit... now I can't hide. Alright, bring it!!!

lol

Spankey said:
limited respawns of enemies...eek. goodbye farming

farmer ;o!! this aint skyrim

Bristow9091 said:
They've given it a higher score because the developers have pretty much "noobified" the game, meaning the reviewers actually managed to finish it without crying... not sure.

all reviews said that its a hard game.then how is it noobified?

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
aviggo77 said:
Bristow9091 said:
They've given it a higher score because the developers have pretty much "noobified" the game, meaning the reviewers actually managed to finish it without crying... not sure.

all reviews said that its a hard game.then how is it noobified?

Enemies only respawn a certain amount of times, you level up faster, there's fast travel now... and a few others I saw on the list, I forgot lol. Don't take the term literally, I just meant it as in they seem to have dialed it down a little to make it more accessible, lol.

You are right on the LV up faster part in six hours in and i'm level 41 now (Died a couple of times (20)). On the other note can you believe it the game has been out for 22 Hours and over 2.5 million people have died!

LiquorandGunFun said:
Good for those who like it. I like to relax and have fun, this game would be the opposite for me.

I'm exactly the same. I find hard games very stressful ... BUT, for some odd reason, this series doesn't frustrate me and I find myself compelled to continue on in the face of adversity.

The PS5 Exists. 

Great! This'll be my first Souls game, so I'm really looking forward to it.

aviggo77 said:

91 with 8 review(x360)- http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dark-souls-ii

91 with 18 reviews(ps3)- http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls-ii

Not that this matters but ill update your post.

360 DS2 got 92 with 19 reviews.

PS3 DS2 got 90 with 33 reviews.

Great game, cant wait to pick it up on PC, pitty it got delayed.

Azzanation said:
aviggo77 said:

91 with 8 review(x360)- http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dark-souls-ii

91 with 18 reviews(ps3)- http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls-ii

Not that this matters but ill update your post.

360 DS2 got 92 with 19 reviews.

PS3 DS2 got 90 with 33 reviews.

Great game, cant wait to pick it up on PC, pitty it got delayed.

Atleast it's not coming a year later. PC gamers get the shaft so much.