By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Update: NOW ONLY $40...South Park: Stick of truth...... awesome!

Tyto_alba said:
Barozi said:
Tyto_alba said:
So, some of you guys say you already beat the game. How long is it????

Not that long unfortunately. I usually beat games faster than the average person, so you might get more time out of it, but I'm at ~15 hours with 44/50 achievements (the rest were missable achievements).
I *could* go on and collect the remaining 7 Chinpokomon and ~10 friends, but I missed one Chinpokomon at the beginning, so that's 2 achievements right there that I can't get. (if you catch'em all you get the Chinpokomon Toy Corporation as a friend)
Didn't find a new quest, so I guess I beat them all. Now I'm hoping for DLC.

That's a shame. Being an RPG and with such a long develoment, I expected quite a long game... I'll give it a try, but not right now.

certainly, but the game is so filled with things or people related to the series. That's a huge amount of detail and they did everything to make the turn based fighting as diverse as possible with dozens of bosses and mini bosses all with unique abilities.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm just gonna leave this thread and never return now. Some stuff I'd consider spoilers so.....yeah.

I remember  the times when people thought of South Park games they thought of the terrible N64 games.  I am glad those times are over!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It looks brilliant. I will definitely end up picking it up.

AZWification said:

I remember  the times when people thought of South Park games they thought of the terrible N64 games.  I am glad those times are over!

I love that game! Those turkeys were scary.

Around the Network
reggin_bolas said:
Its a funny game but gameplay isn't that great. It's a pretty simplified RPG system that plays the same across all classes or so I hear.

I would say quite the opposite.
Lots of different weapons and armor that can (almost) all be equipped with additional abilities.
Different status effects, some with multiple levels (grossed out, burning, bleeding, pissed, sleeping, stunned, slowed)
Boosts and debuffs, perks, normal attacks, heavy attacks, fart assisting attacks, abilities, summons, magic, ranged attacks
I love that you can use a non-attack move and an attack move in the same round. Normally in turn based game that would mean a lost turn, which often results in losing the fight.

Only thing I think could be better would be the ability to equip the buddies.

d21lewis said:
Yeah, I'm just gonna leave this thread and never return now. Some stuff I'd consider spoilers so.....yeah.

Yeah I took care of it.

Please keep the spoilers for yourself or use the spoiler formatting in the rich text reply window.

Went to game stop to buy a copy for my brothers birthday and to my surprise, it was $40 brand new. I don't buy used by the way. Never do.

DJEVOLVE said:
My only complaint is that it is not on Next gen consoles.

It will be very soon. I bet almost every game released in 2013 will get ported to the PS4 and X1.

Just finished the game yesterday. It was everything a South Park fan could ask for! The gameplay reminded me of Super Mario RPG with the blocking and button presses (that's a good thing!). Some of the enemies just made me burst out laughing, the nazi zombie fetuses most of all.

Signature goes here!