By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What do U think of the Wii U after reading this?......

Tagged games:

I see a lot of misinfo on the controller from people that down own one.  I've heard

-Analog sticks were too short.  Truth is they're the same as the Pro Controller and just as long as the PS4's.

-Controller has interference.  I personally never experienced so much as a glitch in the screen.  Not sayinf it's true.  Just saying I never saw it.

-Controller gets hot.  Tested this last night.  Left the console running for an hour without touching it.  Controller didn't get warm.

-Speaker is too quiet.  Depending on the game it's pretty loud.  Easily on par with my laptop and much higher than the PS4.  Arkham Origins has low audio for voices, though.

-It's heavy.  Heavier than a normal controller but not what I'd call heavy....unless you think an iPad is heavy.

Around the Network

What?!

Going to buy a wiiu right now :D

.jk.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

To finish my other post (had to work) the Wii U isn't selling well at all. Nintendo is losing. No need to make up stuff to attack the console. It's got legit weaknesses (ie: weaker than expected rumble, poor battery life, digital triggers). Target that stuff. Some of the negative stuff being spread about thw Wii U and the controller is pure BS.

I dont know how the PS4 works but it streams flawlessly into the Vita aswell. Pretty good techs.

Nem said:
I dont know how the PS4 works but it streams flawlessly into the Vita aswell. Pretty good techs.

I experienced lag on the Vita.  Played Tomb Raider in my livingroom (which admittedly is further than the Wii U can reach) and the voices were out of sync and it would give a connection notification.  The screen would glitch, too.  I don't know if my Vita was connected via the systems own wireless or the internet, though.  Still was pretty amazing seeing those visuals on a handheld console!

Vita Remote Play was actually one of the big things that swayed me to the PS4 instead of the Xbox One last month.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Nem said:

I experienced lag on the Vita.  Played Tomb Raider in my livingroom (which admittedly is further than the Wii U can reach) and the voices were out of sync and it would give a connection notification.  The screen would glitch, too.  I don't know if my Vita was connected via the systems own wireless or the internet, though.  Still was pretty amazing seeing those visuals on a handheld console!

Vita Remote Play was actually one of the big things that swayed me to the PS4 instead of the Xbox One last month.

Did you choose in the option to stream from your PS4, or were you using the wireless?

I did the same thing and i had no problems, but maybe your living room is farther away from your room than mine.

Nem said:
d21lewis said:
Nem said:

Did you choose in the option to stream from your PS4, or were you using the wireless?

I did the same thing and i had no problems, but maybe your living room is farther away from your room than mine.

Can't remember which setting I used.  I just select "PS4 Link" and then "Remote Play" and I go from there.  But, in Vita's defense, I haven't played Remote Play in the same room with my PS4 yet (which is almost the only option for my Wii U--same room or one room/bathroom away) so the Vita connection will probably be flawless in the same room as the console.

d21lewis said:
Nem said:

Can't remember which setting I used.  I just select "PS4 Link" and then "Remote Play" and I go from there.  But, in Vita's defense, I haven't played Remote Play in the same room with my PS4 yet (which is almost the only option for my Wii U--same room or one room/bathroom away) so the connection will probably be flawless in the same room as the console.

You can check on the configurations. If it streams directly from the PS4 the signal is stronger. My Wireless is dire, so i dont even try that.

With that said, my living room is just next to my room, so all i can say is that it works flawlessly for me in a one-room distance. Untested on more than that.

The OP is what i wrote a few weeks ago...

The 40 Mbps are the peaks that are needed for a consistent picture. The average is between 3 and 5 which is enough for x264 at 854x480.
The very high needed peaks are a reason why the distance isn't higher. Affordable tech from 2012 couldn't do high bandwidth + high distance + almost no input lag at the same time.

If you build your house smart you can still take it to the toilet.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’