By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why should you buy an Xbox One for TitanFall?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
DirtyP2002 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
DirtyP2002 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because Microsoft honestly has nothing going for them until next year outside of Killer Instinct. They are smart. They cover up their weaknesses with other peoples games.

don't you get tired of spreading this nonsense?

Ok..What has Microsoft been using to sell Xbox Ones? Lets see in Europe they used Fifa and they are giving away Titanfall now. Theres no actual Microsoft game that is truly selling consoles. Forza is a great game but there is no Microsoft made system seller. Instead of taking offense realize that every opinion has a point.

I want to keep on watching 'The Following' with my family, so I make this pretty short and simple.

The consumer does not give a fuck whether an exclusive is 1st (Halo, Kinect Sports, Project Spark) 2nd (Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive) or 3rd (Titanfall) party exclusive. All they see is an exclusive.

But you seem to think that the game has to be 1st party to be good or worth our attention, which is just stupid.

No, I am stating that Microsoft couldn't even make something of worth themselves to sell consoles this year so they use third party titles to cover up their weaknesses. Not everything comes down to first party but with MS they know the profitability of investing less in games and focusing on pumping up the profitability of third party. Microsoft was confronted about this many times last gen towards the end of the last two years. They know the value of good third party and keeping it from Sony is pretty much all they are concerned about.

Some of us remember when Sony relied on 3rd party titles to sell their consoles...

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/5/playstation/

Pos Game Year Genre Publisher North America Europe Japan Rest of World Global
1. Gran Turismo 1997 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 4.02 3.87 2.54 0.52 10.95
2. Final Fantasy VII 1997 Role-Playing Sony Computer Entertainment 3.01 2.47 3.28 0.96 9.72
3. Gran Turismo 2 1999 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 3.88 3.42 1.69 0.50 9.49
4. Final Fantasy VIII 1999 Role-Playing SquareSoft 2.28 1.72 3.63 0.23 7.86
5. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back 1997 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.78 2.17 1.31 0.31 7.58
6. Tekken 3 1998 Fighting Sony Computer Entertainment 3.27 2.22 1.40 0.29 7.16
7. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped 1998 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.68 1.75 1.42 0.28 7.13
8. Crash Bandicoot 1996 Platform Sony Computer Entertainment 3.23 2.35 0.94 0.30 6.82
9. Driver 1999 Action GT Interactive 3.11 2.80 0.02 0.33 6.27
10. Metal Gear Solid 1998 Action Konami Digital Entertainment 3.18 1.83 0.78 0.24 6.03

hhttp://www.vgchartz.com/platform/4/playstation-2/

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas 2004 Action Take-Two Interactive 9.43 0.40 0.41 10.57 20.81
2. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 2002 Action Take-Two Interactive 8.41 5.49 0.47 1.78 16.15
3. Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec 2001 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 6.85 5.09 1.87 1.16 14.98
4. Grand Theft Auto III 2001 Action Take-Two Interactive 6.99 4.51 0.30 1.30 13.10
5. Gran Turismo 4 2004 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 3.01 0.01 1.10 7.53 11.66
6. Final Fantasy X 2001 Role-Playing Sony Computer Entertainment 2.91 2.07 2.73 0.33 8.05
7. Need for Speed Underground 2003 Racing Electronic Arts 3.27 2.83 0.08 1.02 7.20
8. Need for Speed Underground 2 2004 Racing Electronic Arts 2.71 3.02 0.08 1.09 6.90
9. Medal of Honor: Frontline 2002 Shooter Electronic Arts 2.93 2.75 0.17 0.99 6.83
10. Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty 2001 Action Konami Digital Entertainment 2.45 2.01 0.87 0.72 6.05

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/3/playstation-3/

1. Grand Theft Auto V 2013 Action Take-Two Interactive 5.74 7.31 0.70 3.17 16.92
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 2011 Shooter Activision 5.35 5.46 0.49 1.46 12.76
3. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2010 Shooter Activision 5.77 4.15 0.48 1.68 12.09
4. Call of Duty: Black Ops II 2012 Shooter Activision 4.64 5.08 0.53 0.84 11.09
5. Gran Turismo 5 2010 Racing Sony Computer Entertainment 2.81 4.67 0.81 2.60 10.88
6. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 2009 Shooter Activision 4.90 3.50 0.38 1.55 10.32
7. Grand Theft Auto IV 2008 Action Take-Two Interactive 4.58 3.54 0.43 1.51 10.06
8. Call of Duty: Ghosts 2013 Shooter Activision 3.13 2.75 0.36 1.25 7.49
9. FIFA Soccer 13 2012 Action Electronic Arts 1.00 4.85 0.12 1.17 7.14
10. Battlefield 3 2011 Shooter Electronic Arts 2.73 2.76 0.34 0.99 6.82

Other than the Gran Turismo series and the early Crash titles, what Sony franchise actually moves consoles?

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
VitroBahllee said:
bananaking21 said:

honest question, could someone tell me why a person should buy an xbox one for titanfall?  genuine question right here. 

The only scenario i could see it being  reason is if you dont have a 360, but want to play titanfall and dont want to waste your money on a last gen system so you buy an Xbox One. but why should Xbox consumers buy an XB1 for it?

You should buy an Xbox One because it's awesome, and you should get Titanfall for X1 because more people will be playing on X1 and that's where the best community will be.

Titanfall is just one reason you should get an Xbox One.

i currently have a PS4 so i dont see a need for an XB1. and ill be getting TitanFall on the PC latter when the price drops. 

and i understand that TitanFall could be on of the reasons to buy an xb1, but from every comment in this thread it just doesnt seem to be the reason to get it. best reason i got so far is to play the best console version of titanfall. which seems a bit picky, because usually if you want the best, you get PC, if you dont care about the best you get consoles. saying you want the best console version of titanfall is like saying you want to get the best product from a average selection. this is just my opinion, im interested to hear others opinions as well. 

Plenty of people gave their reason.
You are just ignoring them because it does not make sense to you (as you are not hyped/interrested by the Xbox One at all). Which is fine, but stop pretending people did not gave you any reason (or that you are even interrested into their reasons)

Your anwser regarding the best version is a very good exemple of how closed you are. Those people are telling you that it is the best version for them (which is the reason you are "looking" for) and just because you have you own oppinion on what should be the best version (I guess resolution/mouse+keyboard is the best choice for you) you do not even consider the fact that for many people, Xbox Live, Xbox One controller maybe be a way better experience...

PS: I pre-ordered 2 Xbox One (already have one) for my son and my wife (Titanfall bundle) and I have like 5 PC at home, all capable of running Titanfall at high resolution... But I will never play this game on PC; again you will not understand it (even if it is the proper anwser to your question) but the experience of playing MP games on Xbox Live is greater for me than PC (by far) and then I prefer to play any FPS with a Xbox 360/One controller than mouse/keyboard; and as you certainly noticed I do not care about the resolution as long as the game looks great on my TV.

Imaginedvl said:
bananaking21 said:
VitroBahllee said:
bananaking21 said:

honest question, could someone tell me why a person should buy an xbox one for titanfall?  genuine question right here. 

The only scenario i could see it being  reason is if you dont have a 360, but want to play titanfall and dont want to waste your money on a last gen system so you buy an Xbox One. but why should Xbox consumers buy an XB1 for it?

You should buy an Xbox One because it's awesome, and you should get Titanfall for X1 because more people will be playing on X1 and that's where the best community will be.

i currently have a PS4 so i dont see a need for an XB1. and ill be getting TitanFall on the PC latter when the price drops. 

and i understand that TitanFall could be on of the reasons to buy an xb1, but from every comment in this thread it just doesnt seem to be the reason to get it. best reason i got so far is to play the best console version of titanfall. which seems a bit picky, because usually if you want the best, you get PC, if you dont care about the best you get consoles. saying you want the best console version of titanfall is like saying you want to get the best product from a average selection. this is just my opinion, im interested to hear others opinions as well. 

You are just ignoring them because it does not make sense to you (as you are not hyped/interrested by the Xbox One at all). Which is fine, but stop pretending people did not gave you any reason (or that you are even interrested into their reasons)

Your anwser regarding the best version is a very good exemple of how closed you are. Those people are telling you that it is the best version for them (which is the reason you are "looking" for) and just because you have you own oppinion on what should be the best version (I guess resolution/mouse+keyboard is the best choice for you) you do not even consider the fact that for many people, Xbox Live, Xbox One controller maybe be a way better experience...

Exactly. Him arguing that 'no one forced me to answer' his question ignores the fact that it was pointless and rude of him to ask in the way he did if he was just going to answer with 'I would never get one.' It's like "Dance for me, vermin!"

Perfectly possible to make an OP like this, but pointless.

And no one is 'forcing' people to spell 'advice' as 'advise' either.

Because the experience just wouldn't be the same without rumble triggers.

They advertise so much the XOne version that tere's a lot of people who don't know of the existence of an Xbox 360 version.

Around the Network

Because it's the game that will end Sony's dominance...... Maybe.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

People who intend to buy an XB1 anyway, and want the best version of Titanfall.

Same logic applies for people who bought a PS4/XB1 for Call of Duty. If their going to get an 8th gen console, why get an inferior version of COD or in this case Titanfall.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Imaginedvl said:
bananaking21 said:
VitroBahllee said:
bananaking21 said:

PS: I pre-ordered 2 Xbox One (already have one) for my son and my wife (Titanfall bundle) and I have like 5 PC at home, all capable of running Titanfall at high resolution... But I will never play this game on PC; again you will not understand it (even if it is the proper anwser to your question) but the experience of playing MP games on Xbox Live is greater for me than PC (by far) and then I prefer to play any FPS with a Xbox 360/One controller than mouse/keyboard; and as you certainly noticed I do not care about the resolution as long as the game looks great on my TV.

are you not understanding my posts or are you just so stuck me saying i am not intersted in an xbox one right now? because really you arent making any fucking sense.

i didnt ignore peoples opinions, i asked for it, most gave said to play the best console version, i added that to the op and asked if others felt the same. how is that me "ignoring what they say"?.  my personal opinion doesnt matter at all, i am asking others for theirs. so please i ask you, to either grow up and stop being so sensative about what console i like or not or just leave the thread. 

I really don't like the hypocrites who say that the Xbox one version would look a little better. When before it was graphics and resolution doesn't matter. Who cares as long as Titanfall plays good and similar to the Xbox one why should I pay close to $600 just for Titanfall?

If Titanfall is slighty gimped so be it. Not worth $600 period.

AZWification said:

Because it's the game that will end Sony's dominance...... Maybe.

Too bad for MS that Sony dominance will continue with Infamous SS and MGS : GZ.   XOne will go down and PS4 up again(compared to their respective average). My opinion.   ps : also consider DriveClub could also come out in April with VR.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.