By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vince Zampella: We did not sell Titanfall to MS.

Fusioncode said:
poklane said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Of course you didn't... EA did!

Respawn owns the IP, so I doubt EA can do such a thing.

They sold lifetime exclusivity without even telling Respawn. Never underestimate EA's obsession with money. 

Yah because EA is the only "company"/"business" out there obessed with money right? :)

It is not like any normal company after all!

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Fusioncode said:
poklane said:

They sold lifetime exclusivity without even telling Respawn. Never underestimate EA's obsession with money. 

Yah because EA is the only "company"/"business" out there obessed with money right? :)

But EA disrespects their developers in every way possible. Selling Titanfall 1 for it's lifetime, not telling the developer who owns the IP is just as disrespectfull as it gets. Respawn always said they could bring TitanFall 1 to PS4, and then they heard they couldn't via the media, not EA themselves. It's pretty likely Respawn already had a PS4 and possibly PS3 version in development, as in one of their Behind the Scenes vid you can see a Dualshock controller and blurred out console, which looks a lot like the PS4.

poklane said:

But EA disrespects their developers in every way possible. Selling Titanfall 1 for it's lifetime, not telling the developer who owns the IP is just as disrespectfull as it gets. Respawn always said they could bring TitanFall 1 to PS4, and then they heard they couldn't via the media, not EA themselves. It's pretty likely Respawn already had a PS4 and possibly PS3 version in development, as in one of their Behind the Scenes vid you can see a Dualshock controller and blurred out console, which looks a lot like the PS4.

Ps3 and Ps4 files were found in the beta too

Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
Titanfall belongs on Xbox Live.

Last time I checked its running on Microsoft Azure Servers on Xbox Live.  Sorry but the King Of Kings has done it again.

Microsoft Azure servers aren't exclusive to XBOX. If Titanfall 1 was multiplat even the PS4 and PS3 games could be running off them.

JoeTheBro said:
Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:

Last time I checked its running on Microsoft Azure Servers on Xbox Live.  Sorry but the King Of Kings has done it again.

Microsoft Azure servers aren't exclusive to XBOX. If Titanfall 1 was multiplat even the PS4 and PS3 games could be running off them.

I never said anything about Microsoft Azure Severs being exclusive to Xbox.

Around the Network
Vasto said:
JoeTheBro said:
Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:

I never said anything about Microsoft Azure Severs being exclusive to Xbox.

Maybe I was just confused about your comment...

Max King of the Wild said:
poklane said:

Ps3 and Ps4 files were found in the beta too

No. Only generated ressource names... Which is far from having a PS3/Ps4 version in dev.

Entertainment for Days...
Sales are still more exciting though.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Sad day when ur not sure whts happening wit ur ip.

Imaginedvl said:
Fusioncode said:
poklane said:

They would've made more money sticking with the PS3 and PS4 as well later on but MS paid them at the right time. No game was made for the PS3 and PS4. Fear of competitiondoes that to you.