By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Vince Zampella: We did not sell Titanfall to MS.

Pay some more MS that's what I say. Distribute wealth...

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Imaginedvl said:

Yah because EA is the only "company"/"business" out there obessed with money right? :)

It is not like any normal company after all!

They would've made more money sticking with the PS3 and PS4 as well later on but MS paid them at the right time. No game was made for the PS3 and PS4. Fear of competitiondoes that to you. 

This is just pure speculation at this point... Vice V. himself said that Microsoft offered them servers and resources which is why they went with them. Without that, we could not even have Titanfall today.

People can argue and assume a lot of things about Microsoft, EA and even Respawn but it is very comon to have small startup striking a deal with a big one to be able to get their first game out. So from this perspective, without Microsoft we are not even sure if Titanfall would exist at all...

I say MS moneyhatt some more if we get games like Titanfall

Imaginedvl said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Imaginedvl said:

Yah because EA is the only "company"/"business" out there obessed with money right? :)

They would've made more money sticking with the PS3 and PS4 as well later on but MS paid them at the right time. No game was made for the PS3 and PS4. Fear of competitiondoes that to you. 

This is just pure speculation at this point... Vice V. himself said that Microsoft offered them servers and resources which is why they went with them. Without that, we could not even have Titanfall today.

People can argue and assume a lot of things about Microsoft, EA and even Respawn but it is very comon to have small startup striking a deal with a big one to be able to get their first game out. So from this perspective, without Microsoft we are not even sure if Titanfall would exist at all...

That's just PR. They just didn't want to come right out and say that they thought Xbox would be the Marketleader and they would make the significantly more profit on the XB1 then the PS4. Its a reasonable decision formed from reasonable expectations, but clearly if that what he said it would have just been fuel to the PR Fire.

You're right that as a small start up it makes sense that they would focus on one platform. But there is nothing magical about Azure that is critical to TitanFall's existence. Hell, Valve is more responsible than Microsoft, because its developed in the Source Engine, and even then they could've just developed it in CE3/4, Unity 3/4, or UE 3/4.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Imaginedvl said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Imaginedvl said:

That's just PR. They just didn't want to come right out and say that they thought Xbox would be the Marketleader and they would make the significantly more profit on the XB1 then the PS4. Its a reasonable decision formed from reasonable expectations, but clearly if that what he said it would have just been fuel to the PR Fire.

You're right that as a small start up it makes sense that they would focus on one platform. But there is nothing magical about Azure that is critical to TitanFall's existence. Hell, Valve is more responsible than Microsoft, because its developed in the Source Engine, and even then they could've just developed it in CE3/4, Unity 3/4, or UE 3/4.

Well that exactly what I'm saying. You are just assuming things and making speculations.. :)

And I believe you are really downgrading what Azure is and what is the offering here... But I do not want to derail the thread. We already had plenty of arguing about that with people claiming (from both side) things out of their ass...

Around the Network

I would not be surprise if in fact they did not bought the franchise but moneyhat for a deal...see the future of titanfall has to be related to this.
I will play the first instalment on my xbox one but I would have like to play it on ps4. Every single graphic, effect improvement would have been welcome, but I guess every future titanfall installment will have to be played on xbox now. Shame on Sony for letting that happen, Sony are lame when it comes to fps opportunity.

RIP ps3, xbox360.

welcome home ps4 and X1

I'm sure MS wanted to fill the void of bungie going multiplatform. So it was either Titanfall or Destiny that PS owners would get to play.

Imaginedvl said:

Well that exactly what I'm saying. You are just assuming things and making speculations.. :)

And I believe you are really downgrading what Azure is and what is the offering here... But I do not want to derail the thread. We already had plenty of arguing about that with people claiming (from both side) things out of their ass...

The thread is about Titanfall's exclusivity with MS, why it is the case, and whether it with include other series in the franchise.

Any one can offer servers and resources, can you show me an unbiased source that differentiates Azure from other cloud farms like Google and Amazon's? If Vince is denying that MS owns the IP, doesn't that suggest that they could make future installments multiplat. And if thats the case, then that raises doubt about its creation only being possible because Microsoft's "servers and resources". <- That right there is a reasonable doubt.

You mean to tell me that Sony, Nintendo, or even Valve wouldn't offer Respawn "servers and resources" if they asked and or were developing on there platforms?

Is it so much of a strech in logic to extrapolate, that RS got resources for TF because they were making the game for Xbox?

TitanFall wasn't even a moneyhat, like all you people are claiming it to be. Respawn chose Xbox over PS4 because of the 360's marketshare and shooter friendliness. 

Eventually, the Kool-Aid is going to run out and you're going to start seeing through the green.

I'm not claiming anything, I'm raising skepticism of PR claims.

You're the one assuming that MS, Respawn, and EA have nothing to hide. As though they have no incentive to validate there decisions and gain consumer support? Its not even a matter of reading between the lines, you shouldn't take anything any company says at face value.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
Titanfall belongs on Xbox Live.

Last time I checked its running on Microsoft Azure Servers on Xbox Live.  Sorry but the King Of Kings has done it again.

So now a last place console is considered the King of Kings?  That's some reality you have there..

Blood_Tears said:
Vasto said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Vasto said:
Titanfall belongs on Xbox Live.

Last time I checked its running on Microsoft Azure Servers on Xbox Live.  Sorry but the King Of Kings has done it again.

So now a last place console is considered the King of Kings?  That's some reality you have there..

Microsoft is a last place console? LMAO

Xbox One is 1st place in games and as a consumer thats all I care about.