By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

Ninricken said:
The Wii U version of AC IV has been delayed in Europe and I bought it. I didn't buy Rayman Legends because I think this is even worse because it was like: 'We don't care for you, we make you feel bad that we can care for the others.' and with Watch Dogs it is just like: 'We don't care for you.' So who cares?

So, you don't want games to be released on Wii U at all? Game companies care about sale numbers and if sale numbers are low, future games for Wii U are cancelled. Game companies don't make games for charity, they need profits to make games.

It is strange that some Wii U fans want to boycott one of the few supporters of Wii U.  It doesn't matter to you that most companies don't even release games on Wii U but you want companies which makes Wii U games to stop making Wii U games. Looks like you actually want to destroy Wii U by boycotting.

Edit. Love it or hate it, commercial gaming is all about making money, not loving gamers. No profits, no games. And with current sales on Wii U, companies don't make money on Wii U so why should they release games on Wii U.

Around the Network

don't worry I won't as I will get it on steam once it is really cheap if I still remember it in le future

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Unfortunately its a vicious circle, if you don't buy it, then Ubisoft will on the whole stop making big games for the Wii-u, which in turn will mean less people will buy one. I think Ubi is one of the few companies still bothering to make games for the wii-u.

Though I do think it maybe a little late for this now, Nintendo should have made a more powerful machine and support 3rd party with cash. Now the wii-u will be lucky to get support while the PS3/X360 do (2 years) if they are very lucky.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Untamoi said:
Ninricken said:
The Wii U version of AC IV has been delayed in Europe and I bought it. I didn't buy Rayman Legends because I think this is even worse because it was like: 'We don't care for you, we make you feel bad that we can care for the others.' and with Watch Dogs it is just like: 'We don't care for you.' So who cares?

So, you don't want games to be released on Wii U at all? Game companies care about sale numbers and if sale numbers are low, future games for Wii U are cancelled. Game companies don't make games for charity, they need profits to make games.

It is strange that some Wii U fans want to boycott one of the few supporters of Wii U.  It doesn't matter to you that most companies don't even release games on Wii U but you want companies which makes Wii U games to stop making Wii U games. Looks like you actually want to destroy Wii U by boycotting.

Edit. Love it or hate it, commercial gaming is all about making money, not loving gamers. No profits, no games. And with current sales on Wii U, companies don't make money on Wii U so why should they release games on Wii U.

I think you misunderstood me. I didn't buy Rayman Legends because it was just unfair and I was just angry. I bought AC IV, Splinter Cell, AC III and Zombi U. I am going to buy Watch Dogs. But Ubisoft doesn't care for us and I don't care anymore, too. Releasing Watch Dogs 3 days before Mario Kart 8 wouldn't be so clever as well. But they always say they make no profit with the Wii U games but that's obvious because it is often the worst version or it is delayed. But I don't want such as angry as I was when Rayman Legends was delayed. So I just don't care: I will buy it whenever that is.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

Don't you realise by doing that you'll be justifying their and most 3rd party decision regarding the Wii U? "Looks like we were right not to delay across the board, Wiiu accounted for less than x % of sales ".

Around the Network

yeah, because the way to get 3rd party support is not boycott the 3rd party games.

Watch Dogs needs to be at least a small hit on the WiiU, i am definitely buying it for WiiU

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Ubisoft will cancel the Wii U version thanks to this damn thread. I hope  you are happy, Slarvax.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

It's weird how different groups of people have hugely different interpretations of what they deserve and how much power they wield. From my point of view (as a fellow Nintendo fan, no less), you've got the entire situation backwards. You're in no position to be saying anything bad about Ubisoft or trying to make demands of them. With the current state of things, they should be making demands of you. They should be publicly saying to the Nintendo community "Buy X million copies of Watch Dogs or it's the last game we put on nintendo."
Nintendo need Ubisoft a hell of a lot more than Ubisoft need Nintendo right now.

Ninricken said:

This what I mean!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

garywood said:

It's weird how different groups of people have hugely different interpretations of what they deserve and how much power they wield. From my point of view (as a fellow Nintendo fan, no less), you've got the entire situation backwards. You're in no position to be saying anything bad about Ubisoft or trying to make demands of them. With the current state of things, they should be making demands of you. They should be publicly saying to the Nintendo community "Buy X million copies of Watch Dogs or it's the last game we put on nintendo."
Nintendo need Ubisoft a hell of a lot more than Ubisoft need Nintendo right now.

And I thought like that to! Until WatchDogs release date was announced as a "possible" 2014! I believe they're the second best 3rd party for Nintendo (Activision is better), but this delay just makes no sense to me. Rayman was delayed for a simultaneous release, even though it was already done, and Watchdogs is delayed for no freaking reason! 

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988