By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

A very misguided point of view.

Around the Network

Lol what do you think you're giving Ubi a spanking and sitting them in the corner by not buying their game? They're a company not your kid. Kinda messed up since the only 3rd party games you Wii U fans talk about are ZombiU and Rayman Legends. Oh well, gives them more time to focus on PS4 and X1 in the future anyways. I hope they keep releasing Just Dance games on the Wii and nothing else just to spite you.

No one was going to in the first place.
/thread

so you want to boycott them and blame ubisoft for trying to make their multimillion dollar investment actually make a profit because they wont give you that game early? you realize that the WiiU version will most likely make them shit worth of profit bu they are STILL releasing it anyways, right?

most stupidest logic ever don't buy it on Wii U buy it on another system. How will that help the cause lol.

I also already preordered the version with the hat.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
most stupidest logic ever don't buy it on Wii U buy it on another system. How will that help the cause lol.

I also already preordered the version with the hat.

That's the attitude.

Meh, I don't care enough about this political mumbo-jumbo to boycott games I'm interested in. Certain decisions may make me grumpy or kill my hype for a game but to make me boycott games I'd need something truly spectacular.
I would even buy a game from EA if I really wanted that game, despite them murdering C&C and being a terrible company in general.

Slarvax said:
Trunkin said:
"Greedy and egocentric." Honestly, at the point, I'd say those words fit Nintendo better than they do Ubisoft.

Nintendo ain't greedy. They're egocentric, dumb, and stubborn.

Nintendo isn't greedy? I feel like Nintendo is one of the worst. They rarely drop the price of their games. Perfect example, NSMBU...still $60 new. A game that came out with the release of the console over a year ago. I could see something like 3D World holding value longer but NSMBU in my opinion doesn't even look like it has as much work into it as like Rayman.

Nintendo games are great fun, 3D World is awesome, and frantic fun in coop. But Nintendo would do well to drop the prices of their games more often. The system is already too expensive in alot of people's eyes. To get one now and still be paying 60 for year old games is too much in my opinion.

No, for better or worse Nintendo genuinely believes keeping the prices like that is good to keep up the idea of them having value. While greed has something to do with it, I do think they genuinely believe it is good for the industry. I kinda get why if everyone realizes how stupid it is for their wallets to get games new then mainstream gaming is kinda fucked...but thats not gonna happen. Ever.

If demand is there, sure I guess. I got the WWHD bundle, so nearly a year after release. I prefer buying my games new so that devs/publishers get the sale (if they make money, they invest in more games), and only used if I can't find it new anymore and digital isn't available.

That said, I'd like to buy Nintendo's game and have them profit, but I'm not paying full price for a year+ old game that you're actually giving away free with a new console sale. Maybe I just miss them all, but where are the PSN/XBL sales equivalent for Nintendo. Like a "Spring Break Sale" Pikmin 3 for 29.99, 3D World for 39.99, etc.