By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

This is a catch 22, If WiiU owners don't buy 3rd party games, then 3rd party don't make money, if they don't see potential to make money then they won't bother making games for the WiiU.

Your actions to boycott this game will make the situation worse as Ubisoft, love them or hate them, are realistically the best 3rd party, among the big 3, that actively support the WiiU and Nintendo...Since Nintendo ain't doing nothing to try fix this 3rd party problem, the onus now falls on it's users...sad state of affairs really.

To be honest I blame Nintendo, the least they could of done is ensure that the game is released day and date. I do not understand their logic, they buddy up with Japanese 3rd parties for games like X and bayonetta, but they should be doing this with western 3rd party as well.

Nintendo could learn a thing or two from Sony. Sony's working strategy is to budy up with a 3rd party and co-market a game with them. Games like Watch dogs and Destiny are multi-platofrm that will be released day and date on all respective platforms, yet the message from the marketing gives the impression that it's a Sony game and in turn the game would sell more on Sony's platform. It's a strategy that seems to work well enough for them to keep employing it. Since this strategy does not require the funding of the game nor an out right pay out for exclusivity it would fit well with Nintendo as it would be a lower risk investment...just an idea though.

Around the Network

"And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used... Don't let them take advantage of you! I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs."

Get it used, play it as fast possible and then sell it for a couple of bucks/euros to someone else who will also not buy a new retail copy hence preventing Ubisoft from making money. Or even better, buy the PC version at μTorrent.

If anything they should rename the Wii U to Wii U(bisoft) to honor the last standing 3rd party that actually tries to support the Wii U.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I will buy Watch Dogs on Wii U, especially if some cool gamepad stuff is implemented. Ubi have supported the Wii U brilliantly, and although the Rayman fiasco was annoying, its time to drop it.

It will most likely get cancelled

Around the Network

You think it's going to get an actual release? This is stealth-cancelling. And yeah, nobody should buy an inferior, late port of a game.

Slarvax said:

And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used...

You'll never get it used on WiiU because nobody is going to buy it in the first place

This game was going to sell millions on Wii U. But thanks to this thread the game will bomb. Thanks a lot for destroying Wii U's last hope for third party success.

The Wii U version of AC IV has been delayed in Europe and I bought it. I didn't buy Rayman Legends because I think this is even worse because it was like: 'We don't care for you, we make you feel bad that we can care for the others.' and with Watch Dogs it is just like: 'We don't care for you.' So who cares?

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

3rd party support is dying anyway, no matter if people buy Watchdogs, which they won't because it is coming too late. The problem of Nintendo is the uncool childish image they have, on N64 and Gamecube they at least tried to counter this with some AAA mature games but on the Wii U you only find kindergarten games and old kindergarten games HD.