By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - [EDITED]Wii U owners, do not buy WatchDogs!

daredevil.shark said:
If people dont get watch dogs in wii u, then they wont be getting any games in wii u from ubisoft.

You mean they won't be getting any games from anyone other than Nintendo.

Around the Network

So..........you want people to NOT buy Watch_Dogs, ensuring that Ubi's support gets even thinner? Shit doesn't work that way, I'm afraid. I won't buy Watch_Dogs for the same reason I wouldn't buy Splinter Cell or Assassin's Creed: Those games/franchises have never appealed to me that much in the first place. But if I wanted a third party to support my system, I would absolutely advice people who like those kinds of games to buy them on Wii U, just to show that the audience is in fact there.

Mystro-Sama said:
daredevil.shark said:
If people dont get watch dogs in wii u, then they wont be getting any games in wii u from ubisoft.

You mean they won't be getting any games from anyone other than Nintendo.

Unless activision stops supporting them, then yes.

I see someone joined the head injury club.

Moderated - Kresnik.

Yeehaa, teach those 3rd parties a lesson. Make them fear to support Nintendo consoles again!

My 8th gen collection

Around the Network
Slarvax said:

Hear me out! Yes, I know Nintendo needs 3rd party support to survive, and yes, I know that if we want that to happen, we'll have to buy 3rd party games... But they're not respecting us! They did release AC IV on time, and there's no excuse for that game to sell as bad as it did and that is our fault... But with WatchDogs, we're not only getting it in a "possible" 2014 date! We'll probably get the last gen version of it, or even worse! I'm not saying that we should get the definitive version, but if they're delaying to concentrate on the important console (AKA they don't care about us!), then we should, at least... at least get a better value for the game! It's not like a time exclusive, or a delay to make a simultanous release (like they did with Rayman Legends), they just thought: "Let's fuck those Nintendo fans, because they don't already get enough of that!"

And if you NEED to have WatchDogs, get it on another system or used... Don't let them take advantage of you! I prefer no 3rd parties over greedy and egocentric devs.

You honestly think Ubisoft has the mentality of a school child?  They will fund games if they think they will make money. 

Oh and yeah the Wii U is gonna get the PS3 port because that is the console it is closest to in performance.  Sorry bud...

morenoingrato said:
Fusioncode said:
morenoingrato said:
No. I disagree.

Ubisoft has been a great supporter of the WiiU. Sure, not an impeccable track record, but they gave us a launch exclusive and very similar lineups compared to other consoles.
Frankly, if they drop support soon, I wouldn't blame them. They gain nothing from supporting the WiiU.

Hey, I'm all up for pirating and boycotting things like Mass Effect 3 U, but we should give credit where it is due.

Awful, awful attitude to have. EA may suck but developers worked hard on ME3. If people just pirate it instead of buying it then the game will have no chance of becoming profitable and EA will blame the developer for it. They'll in turn get screwed over just because people hate their publisher. Piracy doesn't just hurt the horrible executives at EA. 

I am specifically speaking about the WiiU port in this case, and not the PC or PS360 version. This is the sole, isolated game where I do believe the blame is on the third party publisher.

If the publisher is an a**hole, I am not going to support them out of pity for the dev team.

Hell, I don't think it is even possible to pirate the WiiU version anyway.

Pirating it (if you could have in this case) is still illegal and immoral. Why would you feel that's the right thing to do?

OP considering the preorders the thing had for the Wii U i dont think you have to worry about it...

and no lets not use that sad install base excuse, that dog dont hunt when the PS4 and Xone versions have MUCH higher preorders

MDMAlliance said:
Trunkin said:
"Greedy and egocentric." Honestly, at the point, I'd say those words fit Nintendo better than they do Ubisoft.

Who are you, Zod? lol

lol, he may have been doing some serious reaching with some of his points, but you gotta admit there was some truth to his very, very long OP. XD

Slarvax said:

Nintendo ain't greedy. They're egocentric, dumb, and stubborn.

I'd say they are pretty greedy, as they nickel & dime us every bit as much as any other big publisher. Just a few months ago I saw Tomb Raider on sale for $10 on Steam, and AC4 is just $30 on 360/PS3. TLOU, critically acclaimed as it was, is already down to $35 on Amazon! Meanwhile Skyward Sword is still nearly $40, and freaking NSMB is still over $45! Squeezing us dry! That's what they're doing!

They cheap out on the consoles, give us really G-damn expensive games, and seldom ever cut prices because they know we have no choice but to sit back and take it. Where else are we gonna go? I mean, what other studios are there out there producing games that can cure that Nintendo itch? None that I know of. Seems they're even beginning to skimp out on their major franchises now, seeing as much of what they've released in recent memory looks to be more derivative and uninspired than ever.

But yes, they are all those other things you mentioned as well.

It is a perculiar situation- the reality is that 3rd party multiple games don't sell well on Nintendo platforms. However, multiplats don't have much effect on selling Ninty consoles either - so Nintendo isn't entirely dependant on them like sony and microsoft nor are they that important.

Nintendo should focus on publishing (aka funding and monehatting) 3rd party exclusives much like they did with Lego City Undercover, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Sonic Lost Worlds/Sonic Boom, Shin Megami X Fire Emblem to establish an ecosystem with exclusive and unique titles.

Having said this - I am still buying watch_dogs for Wii U because I can't be fucked to buy it for my others console - my hype for the title died down long ago.