By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Infamous: Second Son pre-orders higher than Last of Us

elazz said:
DerNebel said:
elazz said:
We got a number. Over 600k pre-orders!!! Seeing how the pre-orders usually tend to rise towards the release I think it will definitely reach 700k-750k pre-orders nearing a 1 million FW. That is huge. It will do The Last of Us numbers which probably means it will be Sucker Punch highest selling game ever.

Where does that number come from?

http://insiderp.com/infamous-preorders.html

According to that site it comes from the same gave the correct PS4 sales figure. But seeing how it nearly reached 300k in US alone this is very plausible

Oh... yeah that site is total bullshit. I'm almost 100% sure that it is run by a bunch of people that just look at data from Vgchartz and NPD and stuff, from there just kinda change the numbers a bit to make the PS4 look better/ the X1 and Wii U look worse and then post them as if they got them from some inside source. I mean insiDERP? Come on.

Around the Network
pezus said:
I'm predicting an opening week of 700k+ WW. I hope I'll be right. This should truly be PS4's defining game for most of the year.

I agree and I'll be happy if it does anything above 600k FW but I'm hoping for 750k+

DerNebel said:
DanneSandin said:
zumnupy10 said:
DanneSandin said:
Well, shouldn't it have a higher ore order number as well?? I mean, this is the third game in the series, so it has a following already, while TLOU was a new IP...

Not really.

TLOU was released on a console with a nearly (At the time) 80m user base.  

Yes, but it's the Sony hardcore that's bought the PS4 so far, and they're far more inclined to buy "old" sony franchises AND so far there's nothing much else to play... SO I don't think this is an indication of anything. It'll probably not sell more than TLOU in the end.

I think the Sony hardcore fans are at least as much inclined to buy a new franchise from ND as they're inclined to buy older Sony franchises from other developers, especially if it's as hyped as TLOU was. I don't think Infamous'll outsell TLOU but still this is good news.

Oh, it's good news ineed, the question is how it'll translate into sales =)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

zumnupy10 said:
DanneSandin said:
zumnupy10 said:
DanneSandin said:
Well, shouldn't it have a higher ore order number as well?? I mean, this is the third game in the series, so it has a following already, while TLOU was a new IP...

Not really.

TLOU was released on a console with a nearly (At the time) 80m user base.  

Yes, but it's the Sony hardcore that's bought the PS4 so far, and they're far more inclined to buy "old" sony franchises AND so far there's nothing much else to play... SO I don't think this is an indication of anything. It'll probably not sell more than TLOU in the end.

Both the hardcore and the more casual of Sony's audience didn't really appreciate the past two games that much.

SS will easily outsell its predecessors.  Being release When there is really not much to play will help surely. But all in all, Infamous just can't be compared to anything that ND can make, honestly.

Yeah, ND seems to be the heavy hitters over at Sony...

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

That just tells me you guys didn't show enough respect to the Last of Us more then anything.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

So this is UK only, but still huge success in sight.

The game pretty much feels like a reboot of the franchise. I don't think we can look at previous installments as good indications of what this will do. Sony is actually pushing Second Son, and it's coming out at just the right time.

I think it's going to surprise a lot of people, WW, it'll sell more than Titanfal X1.

Yes go infamous, this franchise is underrated by many gamers. It deserve higher sales. I hope for a million opening weekend.

Follow me on Instagram : YAFEAXX

Too bad this won't result in Second Son selling better than TLOU lifetime. :(

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---