By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Infamous: Second Son pre-orders higher than Last of Us

great stuff! it wont reach TLoU sales though. that game is beasting and is at 4.3 million according to VGC, thats without digital sales.

Around the Network

I really like this series. I hope the game does well, and is well received.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

daredevil.shark said:
DerNebel said:
It will never happen, but how crazy would it be if Infamous had a stronger opening week than TLOU, all those people that still doubt the game'll reach 3 million would instantly be silenced. :D

3 million is a bit too much. 2 million is a good number. But we have to wait a month to see the actual result.

I disagree, 2 million is in my opinion way too low, I'm still positive that this game is going to sell over 3 million in 2014. Unless of course it gets bad reviews.

kowenicki said:
In the UK

Yes, quite misleading title...

But given the UK as the PS4's number 2 territory, certainly for a game like inFamous, this is no bad thing!

until we start getting digital sales numbers, it will be hard to gauge iss or tf numbers or anything else . day 1 digital is a big thing.

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
Well, shouldn't it have a higher ore order number as well?? I mean, this is the third game in the series, so it has a following already, while TLOU was a new IP...

Not really.

TLOU was released on a console with a nearly (At the time) 80m user base.  

zumnupy10 said:
DanneSandin said:
Well, shouldn't it have a higher ore order number as well?? I mean, this is the third game in the series, so it has a following already, while TLOU was a new IP...

Not really.

Yes, but it's the Sony hardcore that's bought the PS4 so far, and they're far more inclined to buy "old" sony franchises AND so far there's nothing much else to play... SO I don't think this is an indication of anything. It'll probably not sell more than TLOU in the end.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
zumnupy10 said:
DanneSandin said:

Not really.

Yes, but it's the Sony hardcore that's bought the PS4 so far, and they're far more inclined to buy "old" sony franchises AND so far there's nothing much else to play... SO I don't think this is an indication of anything. It'll probably not sell more than TLOU in the end.

I think the Sony hardcore fans are at least as much inclined to buy a new franchise from ND as they're inclined to buy older Sony franchises from other developers, especially if it's as hyped as TLOU was. I don't think Infamous'll outsell TLOU but still this is good news.

Infamous will be HUGE!

B_E_L_I_E_V_E

DanneSandin said:
zumnupy10 said:
DanneSandin said:

Not really.

Both the hardcore and the more casual of Sony's audience didn't really appreciate the past two games that much.

SS will easily outsell its predecessors.  Being release When there is really not much to play will help surely. But all in all, Infamous just can't be compared to anything that ND can make, honestly.